Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

shift kit for auto

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
I'm very happy with my Stage 2 Shift kit :yeah: , my own concern is the extra strain on the rest of the driveline and how hot the trans fluid is potentially getting to. I am looking at installing a transmission oil temperature gauge, but I need more info on how to wire one up.

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
BT1 VR said:
Is that Hydraulic or Electronic ?

I guessing that's no boost valve, corvette piston or modified separation plate.

Its al electronic G/B but it was all mechanical. take out valve body etc.. drilled some holes, inserted solid collars inplace of the springs witch give it the rock hard shifts... go to autobahn there in there might have to order it tho

HIROLLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII CAPRICE
How are the shifts? Cause if got a stage 2 Transgo that i havnt installed yet. Are the shifts really hard like u can feel the whole car jump as it shifts? (in drive position)

Thanks mate

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
There will be cherp into second and there will be a jolt though the whole car:driving: Don't think the universal joints really like it.:D The car will step out a little on lefthand turns too

hayds_12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Series 2
my nana had a festiva that had a tune up one day she got it back from the mechanics and it acted alot like ur describing during gear shift exept the mechanic said he just put new tranny oil in anyways long story short nana didnt feel safe took her license back and gave me the car, lasted 2 months the tranny was stuffed

Bubbaj247

VTR247
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT ACCLAIM II
I Got an electronic Shift Kit Which comparing it to my mates vt he got a gear box hardware shiftkit and i find no differents, the only problem with the eletronic one i have is if you use the gear lever to go down to lower gears manualy, it sometimes can clunk the tail shaft, which to get a new one all new and balanced is a lot of money, so if you get a shiftkit (electronic) Dont use engine breaking. Cheers