Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shooters, Archers and Bladesmen Unite!

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Just picked up my A/B application, all easy enough except for the referee part, Not sure I know anyone who meets the criteria, and has known me for 12 months.
It was hinted when I picked up the application that the wait on the safety course is getting fairly long. Thinking it could be up to a six month excersize before I can purchase my first longarm.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Living more rural you shouldn't be too bad, I did mine in Seymour and they run a course at least once a month.
Finding someone as a referee can be difficult for some people. Your GP can sign off on it, along with any member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants (if you use the same one each year), if your a religious person anyone authorised as a registered marriage celebrant among a few easy ones.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Yeah it's ironic, we have stayed in contact with our actual marriage celebrant, but not religious, so no good, I do my own tax, and on the odd occasion I need to see a doc, I just see which ever one is first available. Still going to try my luck with the GP, I always go to the same clinic, just don't think I have seen the same GP more than once, don't even think I have been there in the past 12 months.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yeah it's ironic, we have stayed in contact with our actual marriage celebrant, but not religious, so no good, I do my own tax, and on the odd occasion I need to see a doc, I just see which ever one is first available. Still going to try my luck with the GP, I always go to the same clinic, just don't think I have seen the same GP more than once, don't even think I have been there in the past 12 months.

Local post office use to be able to do it, not sure if thats still current.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Local post office use to be able to do it, not sure if thats still current.
They can do it, the whole 'known you for more then 12 months' part is what catches you out most times.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
They can do it, the whole 'known you for more then 12 months' part is what catches you out most times.

Who doesnt know the post lady? Or have a naughty nurse for a mistress that can sign it? Surely I'm not the only one?

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Who doesnt know the post lady? Or have a naughty nurse for a mistress that can sign it? Surely I'm not the only one?
I attempt to frequent the post office as little as possible.

Huntington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
yeah says manager of the post office can do it, but I don't know the bloke, hopefully the GP will sign it, if not, my only loss is time sitting in the waiting lounge.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Any family or friends work for the government?