Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Shooters, Archers and Bladesmen Unite!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Fairly much our SF boys used AR15's as well. Now they will just be using the same weapon across all NZ service branches. Makes sense really.

Also means compatibility with allied service branches makes for a much more streamlined supply chain in the field. Probably the first good thing the NZ government has done in many years when it comes to our military.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Not sure why they still use 5.56 chambered firearms. In this day and age of urban battlefields, I would of thought more would be switching to the likes of 6.8spc.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
Not sure why they still use 5.56 chambered firearms. In this day and age of urban battlefields, I would of thought more would be switching to the likes of 6.8spc.

Wound one soldier, and you take out three. Kill one soldier and you take out one.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I think the military has better options for killing someone behind a wall, the optional 40mm underslung grenade launcher which the NZ government has ordered with the new rifles been one :)

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I think the military has better options for killing someone behind a wall, the optional 40mm underslung grenade launcher which the NZ government has ordered with the new rifles been one :)
40mm in close quarters! Remind me to stay clear of the kiwis when the **** hits the fan! Hahaha
Even though I have two, I've never understood the hype with a .223

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Don't forget you have much less grenades than bullets as well.
I personally would opt for a more powerful gun that has the ability to #### up the enemy on the other side of said wall, than rely on only a few 40mm grenades.

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
So, I'm looking at getting an air rifle, most likely a .22 break action. Will be mainly used for bunnies, plinking and the occasional feral bird.

Does anyone have much experience with any brand/style in particular. If so, what do you like/hate about it, noise, accuracy, weight etc.

I don't want the cheapest one I can get, would rather pay a bit more for some quality.