Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

should get or not get

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
81*C Cooler Thermostat its only $40 and i do worry about my car overheating atm now the supercharger is going on

VNracer34G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Production Saloon, 07Omega ex Cop car, 03 TF V6
cooler thermostat probably a good idea. The price sounds like you are going to get bent over and rogered raw with a hedgehog on a stick:surprise:

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
hahaha i couldnt remember the price so i rounded up. seen them on v6 supercharded lol there $30 something

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
TT2003-180 will save you about $20

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Dont get a cooler one, go to Repco or Bursons ans order in a High FLow thermostat from Tridon. ARE Cooling (Aluminium Radiators & Engineering P/L)

Doesnt mess with the computer, and but adds the cooling effect. Its the same price as a standard one, it just has the extra T in the part number if i can remember.

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
nice thanks for the info guys

VSSECO

Underdog rebuild
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS - 6 pots, 5 cogs
I've been running an 81C thermostat for about 2 years and have been very happy with it. The other thing that help out cooling a hell of a lot was removing the air conditioning system. The extra air flow through the radiator is fantastic.

ADDICTVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6
No air con AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
Dont get a cooler one, go to Repco or Bursons ans order in a High FLow thermostat from Tridon. ARE Cooling (Aluminium Radiators & Engineering P/L)

Doesnt mess with the computer, and but adds the cooling effect. Its the same price as a standard one, it just has the extra T in the part number if i can remember.

81deg is only 14deg earlier opening than the factory fitted thermostat. The ecu is more than capable of allowing for this variation. It really doesn't do much because the car still reaches operating temp at around the same time. 1% mod if you ask me but worth it all the same