Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should i buy a VY SS wagon

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
I wish they made a vz ss wagon with the 6L

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Maloo, VY Berlina V8 wagon
I've still not driven the 6L engine. It's even harder to find a wagon with one of those engines... let alone a manual. I've made this bloke a counter offer, just need him to come to the party now.

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
So after doing some digging i've discovered the wagon was an insurance write off back in 2009, from photos i've seen it appears to have had damage to the pillars. Considering the K's are 236,000 and he still wants $14000 i'm pretty well ready to walk away.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
So after doing some digging i've discovered the wagon was an insurance write off back in 2009, from photos i've seen it appears to have had damage to the pillars. Considering the K's are 236,000 and he still wants $14000 i'm pretty well ready to walk away.

insurance write off , 236,000 KM and he wants $14,000 , tell him he's dreaming .

madmartin

Reaction score
Members Ride
So to update/give this thread some closure; I've now got a VY V8 wagon in metallic snot green. I'm the third owner with the first two being from the same family. 210k's and 7grand is a much better deal. It's an auto which I think is arse, but the Dragon likes. Fitting low springs and new shocks at the mo, 17*8 mags and Potenza 003's next. Possibly it needs a better HSV style sway bar and a decent tune/otr wouldn't go amiss but I've still spent less and got something with a known history.