Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Should I Keep posting useless polls????

How dark can yo go

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
P Plater Passenger Restrictions

What's your opinion on Passnger restrictions on P Platers? Good? Bad?

Have a rant, let us know.

jellycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais Series II V6
As a P Plater myself, i agree with the rules. Ive had 3 of my mates in my car pumping the tunes (not speeding as us P platers are usually seen to be doing) and it was 1030. We new it was getting l8 so dropped them off at there homes just before 11. After 11 and the streets are more quiet your mates may be more willing to egg you on to go that bit faster. Just my opinion anyway

dirt drifter

white trash hillbillie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5L M6 VS 6L M6
its crap, if ya mates try to get u to do stupid stuff behind the wheel tell them to stfu.
it creates more problems than it solves i reckon, say if u car pool with a bunch of people to work or whatever and u start/finish in the 'no passenger' hours the p plater is useless. tough luck if everyone is on p's and work is a fair hike from home.
or say you're on a road trip at night with only one fully licenced driver, they get tired and can't swap out with the p plater who is wide awake cos its illegal.
i could go on... but i wont, i feel sorry for kids nowadays. seems like its a crime to step within 10 feet of a car if you're under 21

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Every state has different restrictions. Which state are you talking about?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
its crap, if ya mates try to get u to do stupid stuff behind the wheel tell them to stfu.
it creates more problems than it solves i reckon, say if u car pool with a bunch of people to work or whatever and u start/finish in the 'no passenger' hours the p plater is useless. tough luck if everyone is on p's and work is a fair hike from home.
or say you're on a road trip at night with only one fully licenced driver, they get tired and can't swap out with the p plater who is wide awake cos its illegal.
i could go on... but i wont, i feel sorry for kids nowadays. seems like its a crime to step within 10 feet of a car if you're under 21

Well, they brought it upon themselves, or at least, a disproportionate number of them did. I have no sympathy at all for them. Life's tough. These rules are actually designed to help save some of them from being wiped out by idiotic actions committed by inexperienced drivers.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Well, they brought it upon themselves, or at least, a disproportionate number of them did. I have no sympathy at all for them. Life's tough. These rules are actually designed to help save some of them from being wiped out by idiotic actions committed by inexperienced drivers.

And its working too. Theres less 16-21yo's killing themselves. There doing it with their inexperience when they are older than 21 now ;):rofl2:

Juztin

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS UTE Auto
Voted 'Not Fussed'

To be honest it doesn't bother me just driving one person around nor driving a 6 rather then a 8.

People needa grow up and stop crying there a bigger things in life to worry about.

B

BXHD

the p platers that now have the rules, are stuck with it because of previous p platers. it takes a while to put into place laws such as that. i am a p plater, and i dont have the passenger restriction rules.. but i think it varys.. it is a great idea if we are talking about a car load of tools egging on the driver to , "RIP A SCHKID REHHHH" but it is annoying for the p platers that actually NEED to drive others around or are sensiable.
i know what it is like to dive a car load of tools around, and if i had the passenger restriction, id love it half the time because u wouldn't have idiots messing up ur interior. haha.

but its only for a year isnt it?
i think it is good, get more experiance on the road without the added distractions of roudy passengers.. and less chance of killing ur mates. :beer chug:

Status
Not open for further replies.