Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sic radio display blank....need help:( sv6 o6

Lucci89

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 SV6 COMMODORE VE
Hey Guys, First time long time.

2 days ago started car normally..... RADIO DISPLAY SIC information was totally blank. Every day since still the same.
This has happened before once where all I had to do was turn off/turn on to fix the issue. In this case it was a no go..
about a Month ago I put in a after market stereo. Speakers and subs all running of a 5 channel alpine amp but original headunit. Stereo is running fine and normal.

All volume buttons/air con dials work normal. It is just the screen that I do not see anymore. I can still tell the track number and volume using the trip computer but wondering if there is a fix for this issue.... Worried about disconnecting battery as the AUDIO settings may change from that which was set up when the stereo was installed. Have seen other threads on this but still a little bemused. Is there a fuse specifically for the SIC?

Doing my head in but for now I don't want to spend $350 for a new SIC MODULE if its something else that I am missing.

TOMCAT85

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SSV -Redline, Herron White.
Got mine replaced under warranty, apparently there are lots that come back cause the screen stops working. I read somewhere to try and push the sides of the screen in a bit cause sometime they are loose.

I just took it in and they said it was faulty, waited about 4 weeks to get one from sydney and had it replaced no problems with it since.