Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SIDI carbon cleaning thoughts??

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Even with my port injected LS, when I bought it at 75k km was running fine but I thought id put a can of subaru upper engine cleaner in it - what a difference!
I think that sort of thing is good for when it's kinda/sorta juuust starting to build up; it's really a maintenance/preventative more than a cure.
Dunno if they still have it in their schedule (removed it at the behest of accountants?) but Back In The Day the Subaru stuff was mostly a well-known-thing 'cos it was pretty prominent for regular use in the service-schedule for EJ20 cars.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I think that sort of thing is good for when it's kinda/sorta juuust starting to build up; it's really a maintenance/preventative more than a cure.
Dunno if they still have it in their schedule (removed it at the behest of accountants?) but Back In The Day the Subaru stuff was mostly a well-known-thing 'cos it was pretty prominent for regular use in the service-schedule for EJ20 cars.
people wont agree with me but i had a VY SV8 cammed manual and got it tuned on e10 unleaded, pullled the mainfold to do a upgrade and intakeports were pretty clean that 10% helps to me. Car ran great and didnt need high octane as cam bleeds comp and was std compression.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I cant see the sprays being a complete clean but i had something on cyl 3 jamming a valve open(tested all other possible issues, compression test showed low comp) a fraction hence misfire rough idle check engine etc. After 1 1/2 400g cans at 3000rpm and some back crap on my driveway car is running good and comp test on same cyl good now.

I would pull manifold off but this is work hack car so not spending anymore $$$ or time on it after this.
update old slug is still running good and fuel economy is .5l better.