Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sidi OTRCAI

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Bit off topic, did you end up installing the Manifold Insulators Jarp? I remember you telling me you had them, but hadn't fitted them yet...

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Bit off topic, did you end up installing the Manifold Insulators Jarp? I remember you telling me you had them, but hadn't fitted them yet...

Nah bigjim92 I've still got them sitting here I can't bring myself to pull all that trim off it freaks me out :) You got yours done?

Just an update on the OTR...MACE sent back a revised tune within 24hrs (excellent turn-around) All running sweet with no warning lights at all. MAF tables needed to be revised. MAF sensor now showing 230g/s at 6400RPM so around a 12% increase in flow over the SS Inductions. Think it is revving out a little quicker and is certainly a bit stronger off the bottom. Will continue to test and update.

Cheers

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Jarp, removing the trim freaked me out too, as I mentioned to you lol
But seriously, fit them! I love the difference they've made, much more low down punch :)

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Just another update. I've put a tank full of fuel through now since the OTR and the retune. I must say that this is really entertaining to drive. Did a 200k open road run the other day at 8.8L/100km @ 85km/h so economy is good on the highway and around town i'm getting 11.7L/100KM @ 47km/h. What is noticeable is how useable the car is down low. It will pull comfortably from 40km/h in 4th below 1500rpm no dramas and above 3k it revs out quickly thru to 7k I'm loving this. Skidpan day on Saturday...well timed mods :)

Last edited:

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
nice!!!!!!!!!! i cant wait till all this christmas bs goes over so i can finnaly install the underdrive, hen get a intake then tunedup :p hahah

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
It's good to hear that the OTR is bringing good results and smiles for you Jarp, but it's making me want mine more and more haha.
As for your fuel consumption, I'm getting much better fuel consumption than that... Maybe I should stop sooking to Steve about it haha

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Yeah the VCM one should be ready soon but it also makes me want more. Is either a supercharger or an 8 now :). I'm hoping fuel usage improves a bit more once is completely beded in. Remember mine is also revving about 300rpm more at any given speed due to the diff. What you getting?

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
Ah of course, I forgot you had the diff gears.
Yeah I'm starting to put money into the 8 :)

Freeway at 100km/h I'm getting 7.5-8L/100km
Around town, not sure as most of my driving is freeway.
Flogging it I don't see it go past 12-12.5L/100km

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Ah of course, I forgot you had the diff gears.
Yeah I'm starting to put money into the 8 :)

Freeway at 100km/h I'm getting 7.5-8L/100km
Around town, not sure as most of my driving is freeway.
Flogging it I don't see it go past 12-12.5L/100km

Ah you've got both....soooo jealous. So why you still spending on the 6 if you don't mind me asking?