Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sidi v6 vs R33 skyline turbo

jasonsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SR POS
i supose this is no different to the all to common if i put a bigger exhaust on my ss will it beat my mates xr with a 7" exhaust.

or the how much faster will my omega go with a cheve badge stuck on the front.

never will you have ideal identicle conditions in a real world drag same goes for driver reactions gear changes fuel quality.

WHITESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SSV
Really does depend on the driver and car...the skylines turbo would probably have lag when it takes off but than once it gets going.........

wingwang99

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Voodoo Sv6
I've got a mate with an R33 only small mods. I have him for about the first 30m then he shits all over me. Once the turbo lag is gone there's no hope in hell.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
lol @ at sidi keeping up with a r33 turbo, if its got all the bolt ons with a good tune they will keep up with mafless tuned v8s (depending on how much boost obviously) and even beat us lol the v6 has no hope

sv6man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 M6
I think stock the r33 turbos did 0-100 in the low to mid 6's, so theoretically......

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i've seen times for the SIDI doing 6.3 seconds to 100, and 14.3 on the 1/4 from memory. If we are talking completly stock and take into account the age of the skyline I would say the commodore.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
the commys got 30 odd more KW 50 odd more torques but 350 odd KG on the skyline.

but the skyline has more k's under the belt aswell so would most likely have lost some sting. i reckon it would be a close call gearing and traction would be the kicker either way

180rwkw vs 210fwkw mate. R33 is lighter, more torque and more push from the turbo. It will eat the SIDI like a dinner.