Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Silver VZ SV6 mods and future mods

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Tidy looking car mate. Some new short shocks will take the bumpiness out of the ride if it becomes an issue for you. I wouldn't bother with too many more mods in the performance department. Save and put on a good set of tyres, some good shocks (if still fe2, they will be shagged soon), and a good sound system. That will keep you happy for a while. Also NAAF on these forums does a mint sounding vz catback for a competitive price, PM him and he will look after you.

Thanks mate really appreciate it

Some new shocks sounds pretty good because like i said it rides pretty hard, how much do you think they would retail at??? Just before i lost my license i put in the head unit and i put in some jvc speakers in the front with tweeters, option audio speakers in the back and an option audio amp. So i'm pretty happy with the sound system at the moment, a sub might be tempting but maybe a bit too much. At the moment its crisp and still has decent bass. You're right i need some decent tyres and i think the tyre size i need will end up being quite expensive which sucks. But better paying a bit then getting some real crap ones. I'll definintely get onto NAAF regarding the catback. Again i really appreciate the feedback and thought.

Cheers

meady_183

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Berlina
No worries boss. I got sachs super touring shocks for my vx with SL springs. Ride over small bumps feels like stock, but going through corners it barely body rolls. Definitely recommend them. I got them for $380 posted and they come with a lifetime warranty from a place called cv joint. (they trade as suzukisuper on eBay). So yeah just an idea dude. If you want a bit more go, 3.46 diff gears will get you off the line much quicker as well. Standard sv6 off the top of my head is 2.89 so 3.46 makes a considerable difference :)

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Thanks for the feedback meady

I now have a set of SS headlights and Tailights on the way, they will hopefully be here by next weekend. I can't wait to put them in.
Apparently for the headlights you have to split some wires otherwise when you turn the high beam on, the low beam turns off. Anyone know how to do this? Would be much appreciated if I could get some info on how to do it.

Thanks guys

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
My SS taillights have arrived and I've put them in. Was so happy with how they look. Can't wait to get the headlights hopefully later on today. Ill put the headlights in over the weekend and ill take the car out of the garage, give it a clean and put some better photos up.

What's your thought on how they look?

left one is ss, right one is sv6, not the best photo ^

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
zuzezavy.jpg

Put the SS headlights in this arvo. Look pretty nice. Very happy with them as well. More pictures tomorrow.

Thoughts on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Ordered tyres for my wheels, they are currently on the way so hopefully ill have them on after next weekend maybe.
My ECU in my car is gone. I try and start it doesn't turn over at all, it says fuel gauge error contact dealer. After research I've discovered its the ECU stuffed. So for a second hand one bought and programmed to my car by Holden I think I'm looking at $750. Once I've got the ECU sorted I'll have to save for rego and insurance ready for when I get my licence back in March. Hopefully i'll get it sorted by then. But that's probably nearly $3000 ill need.

I'll get some photos of my car when I get the wheels on, hopefully next week. I'm really excited to see how it looks with lights all now done and the wheels on.

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Looks nice as bro. I did the same things to mine when I got it. First things to go in was SS headlights and tail lights. It makes it look that much better. Car looks so clean! Do you recon your cars legal height because I just bought SL springs to put in my SV?

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
Looks nice as bro. I did the same things to mine when I got it. First things to go in was SS headlights and tail lights. It makes it look that much better. Car looks so clean! Do you recon your cars legal height because I just bought SL springs to put in my SV?

When I had my s pac, I had 20" wheels with sl springs all round teamed up with munroe shocks and it was still legal height. You should be fine

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

tim_pilgrim124

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ SV6
Thanks mate, really appreciate the feedback. Umm, I'd say no it's not legal height at all. I've got super super low in mine. But where I live ive never had trouble with this car or my previous car and my brother hasn't, nor has his mates or my mates. That in regards to ride height. One mate got defected for his exhaust and tyres but didn't say anything about ride height. And he had sedan ssl springs in a wagon. You should be fine but it probably is illegal. Worst case scenario, $100 fine and told to change it back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nickkjay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Thanks Heron, since I have 20's I'm hoping I should be fine, Tim you just have 17's on don't you? I love the way your car sits at the front, perfect height in my opinion.