Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sim Racing

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
one of my mates is into it a bit just made up a cheap sim setup, it works ok for a bare minimum but it can go crazy in getting the proper stuff, we actually have a local hot rod builder that has purchased a ex supercar style shell and decked it all out with full motion on the hubs for suspension feel and every last thing u can think of to make it as real as can be (just as costly as going the real car setup) there is no end to what can be done

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
Nice setup and load cell pedals. Shakers definitely add a more realistic feel. Are they home made button boxes or purchased? Need some PC specs too

I (half) built an arcade style sim last year, still need to finish it. Currently running Grid, F1 2021 and a couple of the need for speeds. Need to add the arcade style games like Outrun, Dayton.

It's showing up in the Similar Threads below. Not as upgraded as you gear but gives me and my little one joy running over street signs and crashing into taxi's.
Thanks, yeah the pedals are Heusinkveld Sprints, they are in the Netherlands, I cannot run without the shakers everything feels lifeless without them. Upgraded to these recently, had to get them from the UK as they don't sell these Reckhorn in Australia. Had Dayton ones before and they don't last.

The button boxes are DSD from the US, they are priced well and have a big range of them.

All my specs are below.

Case: Cougar Panzer Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5950x, Cooling: EVGA CLC 280, Fans: 5 X Fractal Design AL 14 Prisma PWM ARGB, 1 X AL 12 Prisma PWM ARGB, PSU: Seasonic TX 1000 titanium, GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, OS:Microsoft Windows 10 Home 64bit, RAM: 2 X 16gb G.Skill Neo 16-16-16-36, MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master X570, SSD 1: Sabrent Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 1tb, SSD 2: Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 2tb, SSD 3:Rocket nvme m.2 pcie4 2tb, Screen: Acer Predator 38" 3840 X 1600, Wheel: Fanatec DD1, F1 2018 LE Rim, Advanced Paddle Module, SRM Fanatec APM Carbon Paddle Upgrade, PODIUM STEERING WHEEL PORSCHE 911 GT3.
Pedals: Heusinkveld Sprint 2 pedal set, Rig: Sim Lab P1-X, BBoxes: 2 x DSD P1, Shakers: 2 x Behringer NX3000D Amps, 4 x Reckhorn 100w RMS transducers, Keyboard Logitech G915, Headphones: Hyper X Cloud Flight S.

It is certainly all good fun, can be as cheap or as expensive as you want it to be with triple screens and motion. Also fun to play with the little ones too. I play Rocket league at times with junior, him on the Nintendo and me on the pc in cross platform.

F1Aussie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 COMMODORE
one of my mates is into it a bit just made up a cheap sim setup, it works ok for a bare minimum but it can go crazy in getting the proper stuff, we actually have a local hot rod builder that has purchased a ex supercar style shell and decked it all out with full motion on the hubs for suspension feel and every last thing u can think of to make it as real as can be (just as costly as going the real car setup) there is no end to what can be done
Yeah you certainly can go insane with it. I have spent 20k on my current setup and don't really want much more for it but you could go crazy with it as some guys do.