Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Thinking of getting a PS5 over a PC/laptop?

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
Hey guys,
I'm seriously thinking about getting a PS5 over my laptop as I just updated my laptop just recently a couple of months ago but the only problem is it's got such a bad video card and I would have to update the laptop from scratch and now on thinking of getting a PS5 over a PC and a laptop unfortunately I can't get a desktop computer at the place where I'm staying at the moment because I don't have enough room.

Is the PS5 better gaming overall compared to a PC/laptop as I have also noticed all the PC games are virtually just about non-existent now they are not at the any of the shops anymore you have to buy it online compared to the console games such as Xbox and PlayStation.

Also I have never played on a Playstation before in the past I'm a PC gamer and I always have been I have been playing games over the last couple of years but only over my mobile phone.

As I will be saving at some point in 2024 for a PlayStation but I need to find that the best price and where to get it from because I definitely know it's $800 does anyone know where to find a decent price PlayStation 5 so I can hopefully save some money I'm so looking forward to playing proper games again on my PlayStation 5 at some point in 2024 and then I need to buy lots of games or get some new games for it also.

Thank you

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
For the money a PS5 is a great games console IMO.
You can’t beat a high spec PC for gaming though, no contest (also IMO).
But bang for buck a PS5 is a great choice.

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Also make sure you get the Disc version so you can buy second hand games on the cheap, if you opt for the digital version you pay whatever Sony wants to charge you.

White beast 2023

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Commodore
For the money a PS5 is a great games console IMO.
You can’t beat a high spec PC for gaming though, no contest (also IMO).
But bang for buck a PS5 is a great choice.
Yeah that's true nothing beats PC gaming but unfortunately don't have the money to get a full on gaming PC or laptop I did it at the start of the year but I ended up getting other things with a huge amount of money that I got from my tax return and my super at the start of the year so as of next year I will be getting a PS5 instead of a very good PC gaming PC or laptop which I would love to get but it's gonna be why too expensive.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Also make sure you get the Disc version so you can buy second hand games on the cheap, if you opt for the digital version you pay whatever Sony wants to charge you.
Whats the difference between disc & digital versions?

I used to do a little bit of pc gaming, but gave it up. Was to addictive!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've heard it's too easy for modding on PC compared to PS5....Takes the fun out of gaming, I think

PS5, to play games online with other people, you do have a subscription fee....So something else to factor in....

That being mentioned, Sony do tend to act fairly swiftly to substantiated reports of inappropriate behaviour towards others, issuing varying sorts of bans...

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Whats the difference between disc & digital versions?

I used to do a little bit of pc gaming, but gave it up. Was to addictive!
The digital version doesn’t have the blu ray drive, relies on downloading games from the PS Store. Hence you pay what Sony want to charge, but discs can be bought on eBay etc. much cheaper.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
The digital version doesn’t have the blu ray drive, relies on downloading games from the PS Store. Hence you pay what Sony want to charge, but discs can be bought on eBay etc. much cheaper.
I was a having a think about the question after l posted it?
I'd come to the conclusion that is the same as you've posted.
Thankyou! :) :cool:

Dodgy_Davo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0
%100 this , cant emphasize this enough

I bought a 'digital' PS5 a few years back when they first came out and learned a hard lesson that Sony has you by the balls with their inflated pricing on their AU Playstore

Another big suprise coming from the PS4 is that they moved away from the idea of the PS5 being a media centre and to just focus it as a games console only i.e u cant buy or download movies or TV shows from the PS Store on the Ps5