Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Single turbo vs ecotec build

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
would cost less then $100 to ship to Te aroha

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
i have some spare rods and a spare bottom end for and ecotec outa a vy but that wont matter done under 100k if u want them dunno how much they worth
make me and offer delco knows i need the money =D

hey how much would it cost to just send the rods and pistons or even better 2 of them lol

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Im suprised the turbo survived having strapnel run through it. Ditch the ecotec and get a series 2 buick v6.
Matt

+1, that's what I would do, but then he has to change all the plumbing so it's a big job

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
hey cheers for the advice guys but i really wanna stick with the eco to see what i can really get out of it im hopng it was just a lemon

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
Why not just source an L67 bottom end? They can be had fairly cheap these days and then you have an engine ready for boost...

i would love to but would you like to help me find 1 lol i have been able to find only 2 1 from a company for 2500 witha tradein l67 and 1 for 2100 with a knock and a l67 trade in

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
hey cheers for the advice guys but i really wanna stick with the eco to see what i can really get out of it im hopng it was just a lemon

I was just having a crack at ya, i have killed heaps of series 2 buick engines, If its the same motor that you had a sc14 bolted to then i might have been a bit weaker from that.

Nzpure

VS L67
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 Vs Supa6
ill look into it on monday mate ill just make sure the big ends match up with the rods ill give u the rods&pistons got a few spares. ill see how much it cost for shipping you can pay for that tho =P

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
i have an ecotec sitting in my drive atm, in East auckland if you need one