Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Site Outages Coming Up

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
I've noticed that you cannot add a HR (Horizontal Rule) in the posts any more as well. I have previous posts from the old software that had HRs and they've just been converted to text and no longer work?

Separation between posted text and signature.
From memory on old site, there was a line between those so you can distinguish between the posted text and signature below it or something similar.

Also can someone tell me how on earth I form a URL in my signature?

In this (post) reply editor there are "buttons" to link and unlink URLs but these aren't present in my signature editor:

JC_Sig.jpg

I've also tried switching to "Use BB Code Editor" and adding the URL tags myself, which works in the "Preview", but when I "Save Changes" it deletes the URL and just displays the plain text again.

Extremely frustrating considering I see others here (namely Darren's post above) have URLs in their signatures.

Andrew

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Excellent! Cheers Darren, works a treat now.

Andrew

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Is there a way to disable the Popular Topics that appears on the RHS of the forum and keexep the New Posts section? Keep finding myself clicking on a topic only to find it's had no extra replies since 2006.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Unfortunately not, the 'Popular threads right now' is purely based on site traffic coming into the site and what's being viewed.

This is a global setting and not something individually set on a per usergroup basis.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Unfortunately not, the 'Popular threads right now' is purely based on site traffic coming into the site and what's being viewed.

This is a global setting and not something individually set on a per usergroup basis.

Is it a feature that benefits the site in any great way? Is it useful to know that 9 years ago somebody posted about putting a VR front on a VN and how it would fit?

As far as a tool for a user of the website it does very little and if anything will increase the number of thread digs for topics that may have been put to bed years ago.

Can a caveat be written that the thread must have X number of views and a post date no longer than 1 months ago, otherwise it gets classified as an archived thread so as not to drag it into the popular earch location?

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Can completely understand and very valid, something I had been pondering myself and doesn't seem to serve a purpose but a lot of things are in trial at the moment.

I am hoping this settles down and gathers more up to date posts as time goes on (I'm doubtful), since the site move bots have been crawling all over at record breaking pace which could potentially be causing these old posts to appear but at the same time that may not be the case.

I had looked at breaking this down to posts over x amount of days but there doesn't appear to be that flexibility.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Over the last week, I've visited the forum to occasionally find myself logged out, it's happened 3 times now, and only started in the last few days.

This doesn't happen every time I visit, the rest of the time I'm already logged in as usual, I probably visit up to half a dozen times throughout a day so I'd guess this is happening 1 out of every 20-odd visits.

It's no big deal, I just tick "Keep me logged in" and Login again but it's just a little annoying, I'm sure I accept cookies from the forum, just not sure why I keep getting logged out?

Have there been any updates going on that would cause this?

Andrew

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
No updates have been done other than advertising which from the lack of chatter I suspect we might have hit the happy medium which is nice to see.

I did look into this, my understanding is by not ticking the 'Keep me logged in' box you will get logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity (global setting so certainly can try adjusting).

I have been logged out a few times but I am typically jumping between 3 computers, a phone and often with a test account so from my point of view I can understand that one but single account hmmm a bit more tricky - I also have 2 factor authentication enabled as well just to complicate things even more.

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks Darren, just to confirm, I'm only logging in from the one PC (using the latest version of Firefox (50.1.0) on Win7 64-bit), there hasn't been any browser updates that I'm aware of in the last week, and there doesn't seem to be a pattern to my being logged out either, once it was my first visit after boot up but the other times were after visiting already that day (I typically leave FF running but minimized).

Anyhow, like I said, it's nothing critical, just thought I'd mention it.

Andrew