Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sladdo's VT V6 5sp HBD

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
ay man that looks trick, thanks for informing bout that mesh on the airflow meter .. didn't even know it was there ! lol but deafinatly ripping it out !

i got a VT s-pack, one thing i hope u never have to go through ... having a clutch let go ..... im up for a new clutch ... nice $1600 just for parts .... greaaaat haha

Yeah mate carefully pull it apart & polish it as well.

Yeah clutch went in it like a month before I got it. Mate had an Exedy Heavy Duty Sports Tuff clutch fitted but had a heap of hassles getting the right part as it doesnt have the duel mass flywheel fitted anymore.

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
Looks sweet mate. What have you got planned for the engine bay cleanup?
Any plans suspension wise?

Cheers.

For the engine bay im gonna get a MACE CAI, probley some stainless piping to the throttle body, piss off that silver painted plastic & silicon spray-shine all the plastics. Also have an acid dipped & ported intake manifold to go on.

Suspension wise all thats really left is heavy duty stabilser bars, link pins & a strut brace.

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
mind throwing up some pics of the under car neons mate? thinking about getting some for mine

lildavo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vg ute
i wanna see the pics fo the under car neons and where you placed them, you should polish the plenum cover to looks heaps better, i had the same rims as you at one stage, i do like the HBD kit though they look nice

Sladdo

Resident Ford mechanic
Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VT V6 5sp Exec.
Ok guys time for an update. Its been a while. About 6 months ago I was driving to Lismore at about 11pm when ive come round this corner & theres a roll of fencing wire on the road & I hit it at 100km/h. Well it blew out the front left tire & wrapped up all under the car & ripped the wheel outta my hands, slid out & slammed into the gaurd rail. So now that side of the car has been repaired (working on other projects so this was put on hold). Now Im just chasing a front bar & new clips so I can get it all painted up again. Heres some pics.

AFTER THE ACCIDENT

31072010086.jpg

So I found a 2nd hand panel for the passenger side (note the different moulding) & found another panel for the drivers side which I fitted myself. When I get a front bar ill get the other moulding fitted & other panel all painted up...might also get the side skirts repainted while Im there.

09062011380.jpg

09062011382.jpg

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
That's such bad luck mate, hopefully she's back on the road soon and looking better then before.
Still keen to see the coulsons installed mate.