Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slandering Police

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I have an issue with police that are tools... just like I have an issue with anyone who is a tool.

Other than that... if they cause you trouble... you've been causing trouble.

Don't cause trouble and you'll be sweet.

Most the time I found if you don't give them attitude and your not a smart arse they are more than happy to try and help you out if they can.

I've had speeding tickets reduced and my car not defected just because I wasn't a prick to them.

I agree there are some idiots in the police force that abuse their authority and think their all high and mighty...

Thats life... deal with it, don't winge about it.

policehoon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ EQUIPE
Simple - I pay for a service by means of taxation and I expect that service to be delivered in a competant and professional way. This case (and you don't know enough about it to comment) was handled *very* poorly.

Reaper

How do you pay for the service, (your taxes pay my wages???, well I pay taxes as well.....)

I did not comment on your case. What you expect and what you get delivered is normally entirely differant.

What I was saying is, the cops have alot on thier plate all the time and wished they could have all the time in the world to solve your case, but this is fantasy land. If that was the case then the next bloke would complain, because I am not looking into his case quickly enough.

Sometimes you don't get a result on every case, sometimes you have to file it due to insufficent evidence or file it pending further information coming to light.

The claremont serial murder case is still open and might not ever be solved, but it doesnt mean the police will ever give up on the investigation

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Just curious, when people are saying the get pulled over for an RBT, are you saying you got flagged down from behind and pulled over, or you got signaled into an RBT queue on the side of the road?

I would suggest being flagged down from behind.

One change in attitude I've noticed since I was "released" from my probationary licence:

When I'm flagged down for an RBT, it no longer involves "where have you been, where are you going, can I see your licence, we're just going to do a few checks etc..."

It's just "blow in here", "thanks champ, have a good night".

Having said that, I do agree with the way a lot of younger drivers are treated - i.e. with suspicion and caution. I think it makes you appreciate your full licence and the responsibility that comes with that, a lot more than you would otherwise. I've had one ass-hole encounter with a police officer who was trying to convince me that I was speeding, when I was clearly not. Aside from that, I've had nothing but good experiences. I think on the whole they're doing a fantastic job - it's just a shame that a few heros ruin it for the rest of an otherwise excellent community service.

But (rant nearly over) you get buggers everywhere. There's pricks working for centrelink, pricks at the bank, and pricks at AusPost. There's pricks living next door to you, and pricks in every workplace. It's human nature - if we were all perfect, we wouldn't need a police force in the first place.

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Just curious, when people are saying the get pulled over for an RBT, are you saying you got flagged down from behind and pulled over, or you got signaled into an RBT queue on the side of the road?

When i use the term, i mean both. I've been pulled into specific RBT stations, aswell as being pulled over for my 'random' breath test.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
When i use the term, i mean both. I've been pulled into specific RBT stations, aswell as being pulled over for my 'random' breath test.

Just that being pulled into the station isn't being picked on, that's genuinely an RBT and everyone driving past has a chance of being pulled in.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I got pulled over today as it happens.
Though I must say the officer who spoke to me was quiet pleasant.

He just asked to see my licence, to which I said "Because its an SS eh?", "Yup" was the reply. I told him I got my licence priot to the laws being introduced, "Ahh yeah, well nice car buddy don't bend it".
And that was it.

Still, I think most traffic police are knobs :p.