Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Slandering Police

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
This was in NSW, far north coast.
Sydney coppers get called up once everywhile to make up numbers.
And they're all a pain in the arse. I guess because they don't have to live in the area.

trentvy

Dodges raindrops
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S pack
Having quite a few family members in the job aswell as my dad whos dnoe 28 years in the force. I can sympathize with the police. especially at night clubs or parties etc when there gettin called all the F and C's under the sun. Dad says its funny seeing the younger coppers getting all arcked up about it but the blokes who've been in the force a while just sit back and laugh, 'there just drunk kids havin a bitta fun' says dad. But on the other foot especially with younger blokes or P platers some coppers are just plain ****s, Ill admit sometimes the people are asking for it but some coppers are on a bit of a bloody power trip trying to throw a bit of weight around.

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
In QLD ,my area generaly you dont have any hassels driving a modifified car and often get compliments fron the police and some will pull you over for a chat about your car because they like it ,I drove my 455 57 pontiac around for years without incident,as most of them have clubbys ,mustangs,monaros etc themselves, but they dont like ricers as these are nearly always running a muck ,but niether do I

But I have been pulled over and have police officers lie about things before and they will lie ,and reguardless what Police do say ,they do have an unoffical quota of the number of fines they have to issue and arrests and this is looked into when its promotion time ,but again an honest police officer is not looking at scoring browny points when doing their job and they do care about being fare as I have been let off with thing in the past as some of them actually understand things when you explain your circumstances to them , but again you will always come across arsehole too

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I'll say most of them are arse holes.
while on my red P's I got pulled over 2days out of every week for "RBT's" . There was nothing outstanding/illegal about the car I drove either, other than a red P plate.
The way I was spoken to by just about every police officer left a bad taste in my mouth I can tell you.
They expect to be shown respect but treat motorists like sh*t.
I've no doubt that there is good officers around, but the majority ruin it for the good ones.
My opinion anyway.

All the times I've ever been pulled over for RBT's the cops have been great. I must have been RBT'd five times between new years day and last night all between Sydney and Wollongong.

RBT is a commonly given excuse given when they know/think you've been breaking the law, but don't have any evidence to fine you with, so they pull you over hoping you might be drink driving so at least they can get you for that.....

and why shouldn't they be pulling people over at random. It's pretty simple, if you have nothing to hide then you have nothing to worry about. I wish more people got pulled over at random. Increases the chances of getting more idiots off the roads.

Wankers all of em ,my vp got stolen and when we reported it and everything all the copper said was ,well thats what happens when you own a commodore

So that makes 'all of em' wankers? Because you had a bad experience with one? Typical response of a ********. What do you do for a job? Maybe I've had a bad experience with someone in your occupation which will, by default, make you a wanker. By the way, can you really argue with the officers comment?

nasty1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2 clubsport
you get your good and your bad i guess

ive got many bad and i cant sey to many good except for rbt's

getting pulled over cause the car i was driving lots of them get stolen pffft run a rego check and youl get your answer.not to mention my 40 something yr old uncle was borrowing the car

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I have had some good and bad experiences with the police. Had a shocking experience when they totally screwed up the investigation of a burglary at my fathers house and in the end it was pure luck that they caught the ****ers. (He turned up dead - was "featured" in a drama series that got banned in Melbourne). They could have solved it very quickly but took too long to follow up some blatanty obvious avenues of enquiry (3+ weeks when it should have been done within a day or so).

The last "good" experience was when they caught a group of kids who graffitied and tried to steal a car in my street. Very quick and intuitive action that was a credit to the officers involved.

Reaper

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Police don't just pull you over for fun, if they were pulling him over consistently either his vehicle and/or driving behavior must have fit a particular profile known to break the law. Without knowing him it's impossible to say, but my bet is he either drove like a clown or he drove a clown's car.

Trust me, the car was stock standard and driven sensibly. As I stated, he continued to drive the same car in the same area at the same time for a year after he got off his p's, and not once did he get pulled over.

Sometimes danja, you need to accept there are cops out there who take delight in harassing young people as they enjoy the power trip.

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
Had my p's around six months now in a lowered commodore, dark tint, big rims, relatively loud stereo, and p plates. Never yet pulled over :) I don't doubt there are some prejudiced cops out there though, I just don't live near any of them hehe.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
I've been pulled over a fair amount actually, and believe it or not it was when my car was 100% stock :)......
I was actually talking to an officer a while ago when we were a witness to a guy smashing into a pole (drunk) and the conversation of cars came up, i asked him does he defect modded cars much and his answer was "nah i dont really care about traffic stuff, i try to actually catch the real criminals instead of this traffic bull**** that we are all encouraged to do"

Most of the cops have been nice to me, great to talk to... The usual crap but i have had 1 that treated me like crap BUT thats my fault for being in a extremely dodgy area so i cant blame him :)

pretty much if you have a p plate up, there going to do check up's on you and pull you over because your still learning, and if your driving at night (usually past 12am) they are most likely going to pull you over because that's the time that alot of crime happens :)

AND if you drive an illegally low car, dont bitch, no one cares :) lmao

Skooby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS
It's funny reading through this thread, as you can see who has an attitude just by their typing.

I have been driving for about 15 years, and driven some stupid cars, and done some stupid things. My attitude is good, and have NEVER had a bad altercation with a cop.

The way I see it is, these guys that just happen to be "targeted" by the cops, in their car, different cars etc, the common denominator is you. There has to be a reason it keeps happening.

People always like to sit on their box and bag the cops, more than any other job, but as I have always said, spend a week in the shoes of a cop and trust me you will have a different opinion.