Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sleepas 1992 V8 Toyota Soarer Coupe

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Took the carpet out of the spare car and gave it a good clean, then installed it into the good Soarer.
Also changed over the centre vent and woodgrain for a better one, fixed the cog on the steering column where it was jamming so wasn't working properly, installed am EMV that works, put the centre console back in and changed a few bits over to some nicer black plastics and leather.

I also replaced the Dash cluster with the spare as the odometer LCD was broken in mine. While swapping it I cleaned the Mirror really well and polished the scratches out of the clear plastic cover. Way easier to see the display now.

I also started to restore the leather seats, using some rejuvenating oil to soften them up, it's working so far but some of the leather was so dry I have to keep reapplying it.
(Ignore the tears in the drivers seat, I will use the leather from the spare passenger seat in the other car to fix it later)

And last I bought these wheels for a bargain. 18 inch Motegi Racing FF7. Set of 5, not perfect condition, some scratches and light rash and one rim is slightly bent but not too bad. Should look pretty good on the car.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
look good, being two piece they tend to leak, Permatex gasket maker is good stuff if you need to take them apart to seal, good time to JDM the outter rim white and the centres black too ;)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
LOL fair enough... yip I did the exact same thing to my 20s on the commy..

474628_10150864275402678_1679141975_o.jpg

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, I found out what coilovers were in my car, eventually. There were no stickers or branding on any of it except the top, but just under the shock tower so I had to take them out to see. Turns out they are ZEAL, which is Endless, and from what I have read they make some pretty decent setups.

They looked in good condition so am keeping them. They were however stuck on a high height, The fronts were so stuck that I had to take them out of the car in order to lower them.
This is what it looks like on the nearly lowest setting.

Stupidly low. About 5cms body clearance under the kit, and less under the car, about 3 cms.

Need to raise them back up at least 4cms so I have steering again.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
or chuck on some 22s :rofl2:

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, that should work.

Hoska91

Formerly 75HJPREM
Reaction score
Members Ride
Getz Lyfe & E34 Project
Anything going on with this Sleepa :) ?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Anything going on with this Sleepa :) ?

Ummm, yeah... I changed the wheels to some 19inch Speedy Cheetahs and raised up the suspension so we could drive it.
And now I don't have the space or time to do anything with it so i'm selling it.

Planning to use the money from it to do up the Berlina wagon and Audi A4.