Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sliding Center Console

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
Hello from Lizard Spit, Arizona.

Anyway, I was looking for any reviews or opinions on the 'sliding center console'. Just ordered one for my 2017 Chevy SS (VFII) with the hope that it may be marginally more useful in the extended position. I miss not having an armrest, so I decided to bite the $ bullet. Can't tell by the photos whether it adds any height, but I suppose I could add some foam and recover it.

How did you go with the armrest?? Got a pic to share? Thank you

SaberOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII aka SS
It arrived although the underside of the cover has a blemish right smack-dab in the middle. Sure, nobody will likely ever notice it, but I plan to compete in car shows in Scottsdale, AZ. I'm waiting to cover the area with black or gray Griptac material. It requires a steady hand to make it look right, so I'm waiting to have it done.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
My ‘08 series 1 Calais V had one. I’m not sure about which others though.
Hey MWB, what's the idea behind the sliding console lid?
What benefit is it if any?

M

mwb235

I ended up not fitting the sliding console lid to my VF. It doesn't completely cover the VF console's cup holders like it does on the VE's console. It just didn't look right to me. I never used it on my VE anyway (always have a drink open!:D). I think I just like adding bits that Holden either couldn't be f--ed fitting or had deleted.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

My VE Calais had one and my E Series Clubsport has one.

They slide forward to hide the cup holders but I find they are more comfortable for my arm position in the back position so they have no benefit for me.

SaberOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII aka SS

I still haven't installed it. Based on what I'm reading it sounds like it may be a bust. I was hopeful it would be a tad taller to provide a more comfortable arm placement.