Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Small yellow spots appearing on paintwork?

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
I spent most of Sunday cleaning and waxing the SS, it looked showroom fresh at the end of the day. Sat in the garage overnight and had a doctors appointment this morning, parked in the street at the docs, not under trees, get home and have 3 or 4 small yellowish dots about maybe 2 ml in diameter on the bonnet, I have been getting the same things for several months now, problem is when you clean them off with say a detailing spray there is a mark left in the clear coat, sort of etched in, can't polish the mark off or wax won't hide them, others probably would not notice them but really annoys me as to what they are. Did a Google search on the subject and the feeling is probably bee or wasp or some other insect droppings, too small for birds. Any one else come across this?

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Most probably be from moths.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
I get those too and blame the bees.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Taste it , if tastes sweet it is bee poo . I was told this by one of those "beeologists "or whatever they are called.

Drewie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS (Original owner).
Think I will pass on the taste test thanks, the more I have googled it appears Bees probably are the problem. Guess there is no solution other than to get them cleaned off as soon as possible, even then they leave a small mark in the clear coat.