Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smashed head unit screen

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
OK guys, HELP !

This feel off my dash during in some high speed acceleration, and made contact with the gear knob. Any ideas on fixing it ? Getting a new one ? Gutting one from another car ? ETC, any opinions would be helpful, because I don't want to get robbed by GM for a new one ...

Bomber R8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII R8 Clubsport
At one point in time Holmart were selling some I think. Have a search on eBay for some too?

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
So what actually fell off the dash?
What actually made contact with the gear knob?
By the way, your Media Screen seems to have a problem.

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
How fast were you going to have that happen?!

EDIT:
Find one off eBay or buy a replacement from Holden

Either way you are going to need Holden or someone with a tech2 to re program the new one because that screen is f**ked o_O

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
OK, so the clips on the back of the face plate are broken, so its kinda just sitting there, I took off from the lights, lost traction and the faceplate fell down and the screen hit the knob. f*^ked it and now I am in this position.

I checked on eBay, there is no SS-V units, how ever could I get another one (colour) and take the screen out and put it in the about one ?

I already checked Holmart, they only have Y/Z ones at the moment.

FML !

EDIT: The clips haven't been on since it came off at the dealer when they fixed the hazard light button.

rx2_freak

Smokes, let's go.
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z SERIES SPORTWAGON
Head over to JHP dot com dot au and have a look, they have IQ upgrades for series 1 so they might be able to help you out.

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
If the dealer didn't reinstall it correctly perhaps you should take it back and show them what happened, obviously don't mention that you took off from the lights quick.

Whilst you may have been driving to fast, I would feel it's the dealers fault for an incorrect installation.

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
If the dealer didn't reinstall it correctly perhaps you should take it back and show them what happened, obviously don't mention that you took off from the lights quick.

Whilst you may have been driving to fast, I would feel it's the dealers fault for an incorrect installation.

Mean while back in the real world where dealers laugh people out of the show room who try this.... Try JHP mate.

Zerone_V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lexus IS350 (SL)
It is going to be easier to get a new head unit that Is already paired with its existing fascia.

You could try and get just the fascia part, but that would require rematching to link back up with your existing head unit. (Tech2 can't do this, but someone like ultimate conversion wiring can)

Check fleabay, and search for Calais, ssv and hsv radios and headunits.
You should be able to pick something up for around $300 to $500.
Then send then send the thing off to doubledip (ultimate wiring conversions) to match the Vin number (and while its there, enable vim and program any other features you may want)
And you will end up with a solution that will cost around half of what jhp is charging.

This may also be a good time to look at upgrading to a holden IQ unit, though you will be looking may much much more than what the series I head unit will cost.
Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD

Wheatley098

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE SSV Ute
OK guys, HELP !

This feel off my dash during in some high speed acceleration, and made contact with the gear knob. Any ideas on fixing it ? Getting a new one ? Gutting one from another car ? ETC, any opinions would be helpful, because I don't want to get robbed by GM for a new one ...

Out of curiosity here, What is the part number on the back of you Fascia, eg. The Face that feel off the unit