Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Smashed head unit screen

vzlumina

01/05 VZ Lumina AKW-989
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
MY9.5 SS-V, '99 CR125
Vzlumina,
Recently I bought a complete 2nd hand Calais unit so I could dismantle it to get the facia coated and then swap it over with mine. This involved removing every last bit - buttons, knobs, screen etc etc. At the same time I swapped all electrical bits (boards etc) over so I didn't need to worry about reprogramming.

I didn't reassemble all the spare bits into the spare unit. So I have a spared screen, CD box ( is this called the vac unit or something) etc. I was sort of just keeping the bits as spares but PM me what you may want and we might be able work out something fair. Not really sure what they would be worth yet. The bits are from a Series 1 Calais.

The job was huge and complicated (for me anyway), but the coated facia looks great installed. Will post a photo when I am not on my iPad.

Cheers

I just PM'ed you

Zerone_V,

The screen isn't soldered or anything ? It just clips in ? I think I'm up to the challenge.

Calais57

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0
Vzlumina,
The screen is attached by 4 screws to the main electrical board. The electrical board is attached to the back of the facia by about 20 Torx T9 screws. The wiring connection is a small 50mm x 7mm tape that just pushed in at each end. One end into the main circuit board and the other into the screen.

I dismantled the whole thing including buttons and knobs etc to get it finished in a 3D Carbon Fibre look to match the rest of my consol and dash strips etc. see photos below.
IMG_1401_zps0fa9a0bb.jpg

photo1_zps542397e5.jpg

photo6_zps5d7dbddd.jpg

photo2_zpsf4204117.jpg