Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So how well do MACE V6 bolt on products work???

MACE

Reaction score
MACE have you got in contact with the customer by now to find out what it really made on the dyno I am interested but yet I am surprised that you posted this thread up saying the he had made 151rwkw It seems like you posted this up trying to get some suckers to buy your product hoping that they would make 100+ something rwkw the only reason I think this is that once someone realised that it was in HP and posted it up to question it you dissapered off the face of this thread. BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE MADE THERE IS NO WAY THAT ITS ONLY 113 AT THE WHEELS FOR ALL THOSE MODS CONSIDERING THAT STOCK VT V6 AUTO'S MAKE SOMETHING LIKE 95-98 RWKW.
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN SOME OF YOUR PRODUCTS PLEASE FIND OUT IF POSSIBLE.
THANKS GLENN.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for your inquiry.

In regards to your questions statements…

“MACE have you got in contact with the customer by now to find out what it really made on the dyno”

Not yet.

“I am interested but yet I am surprised that you posted this thread up saying the he had made 151rwkw”

I admitted I made a mistake earlier on in this thread no one is perfect.

“It seems like you posted this up trying to get some suckers to buy your product hoping that they would make 100+ something rwkw”

Yes we promote our products in a forum that we sponsor, I can’t see the problem with that. I’m not in the business of “sucking” people as reflected by the number of genuine happy customers on this forum alone, with similar products. We highly value that our customers (or potential customers) are happy and get what they’re after even if it means referring them to competitors, offering free postage on items which we’re behind in delivery, product refunds etc. I’m one to put my own money where my mouth in the interest customers and am not the in business of genuinely misinforming people for a sale, if that’s what you’re getting at

“the only reason I think this is that once someone realised that it was in HP and posted it up to question it you dissapered off the face of this thread”

As acknowledged early on in the thread I made mistake no one is perfect, so there was no hiding or excuses that were made on my part. I was also one of the last people to post in this thread until you did recently. If I wanted this thread gone, or had something to be ashamed of I would have deleted this thread all together. Given that we moderate this section of the forum it would take all but 5 seconds for this thread to have disappeared.

“BUT DONT GET ME WRONG I REALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT HE MADE THERE IS NO WAY THAT ITS ONLY 113 AT THE WHEELS FOR ALL THOSE MODS CONSIDERING THAT STOCK VT V6 AUTO'S MAKE SOMETHING LIKE 95-98 RWKW.
I AM VERY INTERESTED IN SOME OF YOUR PRODUCTS PLEASE FIND OUT IF POSSIBLE.
THANKS GLENN.”

This graph is probably a bad example given the fact that even if we find out what it finally made no one will be able to tell us what the car exactly made before the mods. Admittedly I should have given the thread more though before starting it. As others have said a mainline is more conservative in power figures then a dyno dynamics items so I dare say that a standard ecotec, on a mainline dyno, would make around 80 something mark for arguments sake.

However if these mods don’t increase current power output by +30%, assuming the car is in good working order, or if you not happy with the performance improvement we’ll refund you your money. Obviously not after a year when you’re about the sell your car LOL but you get what I mean :) You can take this statement with a grain of salt however you only need to look on this forum alone to see what previous/current customers have to say about our products.

If you have any more questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Kindest Regards,
Steve

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
I have said it all before

The VY series 2 V6 ECOTEC auto I had made 134rwkw with high lift FIT rockers, extractors, twin cats and HSV exhaust system, synthetic oils, iridium plugs etc.

A number around 134 - 140rwkw is pretty much it from the bolt ons, but when you start from 114rwkw as I did then another 20 or so rwkw is actually a very decent gain.

Have continued to use and recommend MACE products ie high lift rockers (in particular) and I find the results are always there.

Anything much above 140rwkw needs reasonably close examination to be sure its not just a powerful dyno :D

Hothousevys

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s pack
using dyno dynamics dyno i achieved 190rwhp ~140rwkw with following mods in an auto vy N/a ecotec

pacemaker extractors
2.5" cat back exhaust
1.9:1 high ratio rocker's
69mm TB
high flow panel filter
custom tune

are these figures accurate or ove-restimations

Dr HaxZaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
R34 GT-T
But as a rule you wont go much over 140 without a cam on a ecotec even on a dyno dynamics

considering i've got 130rwkw on a dyno dynamics with just an exhuast i think a few mace products would get me past the 140 lol

Car Dyno No.1 001.jpg

MACE

Reaction score
using dyno dynamics dyno i achieved 190rwhp ~140rwkw with following mods in an auto vy N/a ecotec

pacemaker extractors
2.5" cat back exhaust
1.9:1 high ratio rocker's
69mm TB
high flow panel filter
custom tune

are these figures accurate or ove-restimations

Every car, every dyno is different, if would be relative to how much she gained before. The figure of 140rwk is about right given the mods (tune does well to tie things together)

considering i've got 130rwkw on a dyno dynamics with just an exhuast i think a few mace products would get me past the 140 lol

View attachment 114006

Given your results it would most likely be the case :)

Cheers,
Steve

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Ummmm why was it done in 4th gear?

4th should be 1:1 ratio, helps give a more accurate reading as far as i know.
However my auto gets run up in 3rd as when the power goes down, it wants to drop back.