Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So I dropped a socket into the inlet manifold...

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Dropped a bolt down intake while fitting insulator to my old VX , a few years back , easily retrieved with pick up tool , note to self , always cover intake

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
new thread:
so i dropped a magnet into the inlet manifold...

XUV

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV XUV & Raised Cross 8 Trayback
Borescope kits normally come with magnet attachment , but be careful as they can unsnap/unclip

and it might be as below ...
new thread:
so i dropped a magnet into the inlet manifold...

D

devilly

i use rags for the holes and then i use the caps from thrown away spray cans to put the nuts and bolts in them,helps keep them in order as putting it back together e.t.c :)

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Good idea for those spray can caps! I'm hopeless, I usually just stick all the nuts and bolts along the edges of the bonnet.

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
i use shotglasses

Pete vl Mcewan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL exec
:idea3:I done that once, i just got a coat hanger and bent it in the shape of the port and bent a little hook on the end and hooked it after half a dozen go's but it worked,.,.,.,:spot on:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I did actually try a coat hanger... in the wrong port ... several times :) it wasn't until I got the magnetic tool that I realised the reason I couldn't get it was because I was looking in the wrong place :)

That magnetic tray is a great idea, but I keep spending money and I really should stop spending money! Maybe I'll just stick some cheaper magnets to spray-can caps for now.

billythakid

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx II Executive
That magnetic tray is a great idea, but I keep spending money and I really should stop spending money! Maybe I'll just stick some cheaper magnets to spray-can caps for now.

A old 6" car door speaker magnet is good for holding bolts screws etc if you have one lying round