Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i heard a awful rumor about chev badges and the V8 supercars today

Do you car that Holdens Will be rebadged as " Chev" in texas?

• Yes this is absolute Bull###T

Votes: 25 33.8%
  • No i couldnt care less

Votes: 49 66.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Liberator

Reaction score
Members Ride
billy cart
gm behined the scenes pulling strings could be a theory , but then again would they really go to the effort to put the smaller branch down for the bigger one ? of course , just gobsmacked about the idea of this thought it was worth a share at least =( smaller or bigger id have more respect for the badge and what falls under it epically a race team ..

RACE5L

Solid cammed
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 355
If the cars are taken up by the seppos with envy, then they will be sent to the states much like the Caprices, and rebranded Chevrolets by their owner company. The last thing GM or any other US car maker needs is another brand after killing off so many... Bulk Americans are short sighted, bad spelling, one of the big 3 brand luvin, gun tootin bottom dwellers who dont even know where Australia is..

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
missed the E my bad pissed of , happening for years on street cars yes replacing the badges when they go to America on the supercars ? yea they might be roll cages bodys and a engine but they are a Australian race team , what sense is there doing it for one race its more the representation of holden factor for me !
Yes , they are Australian , but owned by a large American Corporation .

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
To the rest of the world holden doesn't exist, they are just a tiny branch on the big tree of GM and chev are the recognised brand over there....highly unlikely it will ever change.

Sad fact but true, especially when you think that in the mid 60's, Holdens were exported to over 50 countries and sold in every one as a Holden. Even places like Kenya, Greece and Hawaii.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I don't understand the point of this thread. GM own Holden and the holden product that is sold around the world is rebranded to GM's local brand. So nothing new here. The only reason the Holden brand exists here is because it has a certain heritage in Australian history. People relate to it so it exists.

In terms of rebadging for th states, same thing, chevy has heritage in the states so people relate to it and yh err fore are mre lkely to be interested in the event. No point in having a bunch of Holdens racing there if no one will care or relate.

Makes perfect sense. Put a chevy badge on it, more people will be interested and watch, therfore be more likely to buy the product and inherently this is good for Holden.

vt6banger

Major Procrastinator
Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 355
Afaik back in the 60s the only other place that got holdens was NZ, South Africa got em as Chevrolet

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
wonder if the HRT team will change the lion on the side to a massive Bowtie :whistling

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I tend to agree with the op. Do you think if the NASCAR ss came here for a race that it would be rebadged a holden?

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
I tend to agree with the op. Do you think if the NASCAR ss came here for a race that it would be rebadged a holden?

It's not the same thing, holden is not the parent company....this is just going around in circles.

Why are people so dumb?

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
No need for name calling.

I understand the they have an economical concern in all of this ie wanting to sell more cars to a specific market. But why can't they respect the history and culture of an area? Holden has been a part of the Australian identity for quite a while now. Putting a Chevy badge on one of our export v8's is stripping us of that identity and history.