Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i hit a gutter, advice

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Live stock is different, if u hit a cow horse sheep etc your legally obliged to reimburse the farmer. But most farmers Realise they shoulda just shut the gate!

I think people need to check the law before they quote it. Seriously.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
actually was told by a copper years ago, if you're following a car and they brake suddenly due to an animal and cause an accident, they can be fined for it

as for insuranve that's completely different, they make their own rules, for example: you are reversing out of a car park and someone does a U turn over a single unbroken white line and run into you, by law it's illegal for the driver doing the u turn to do so over an unbroken line, insurance will say the person reversing out of the park is at fault.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I believe it'd be more of a 'You shouldn't brake or swerve with other traffic around' sorta thing as opposed to fully illegal, if you can get fined for it though then there must be a law of some sort regarding it

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
I think people need to check the law before they quote it. Seriously.

No quotation marks buddy.. 90% of average joes legal knowledge is from what they've been told. If I'm wrong please correct me I'd like to know.
I've just been told the above by several people. Granted I grew up in the hills with alot of farmers though.

Dr.304

SuperCharged StatesMan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Statesman Supercharged
Pics

IMG_0889.jpgIMG_0888.jpgIMG_0890.jpg

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Have you checked your k frame? My brakes failed in my vr stato and couldn't fit my spare as it rubbed the guard, check that first

Dr.304

SuperCharged StatesMan
Reaction score
Members Ride
The wheel shouldn't be that far back. Anyway for peace of mind I dropped it to my mechanic who knows me. He will have a look and get **** sorted.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
from the pics i'd say it's k-frame or possibly caster rod, the lca bushes have enough flex and the lca itself is cast from a solid piece unlike VB-VP that is a weaker, if one of the other 2 bend it'll sit back that far (as previously stated the vs caster rods are strong compared to VB-VR, many years ago i knew of a suspension shop that put one in a 12 tonne press for s&g's and they couldn't bend it)

Dr.304

SuperCharged StatesMan
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok. My mechanic just called me.

He said he has to replace the entire front suspension (both sides) and power steering rack. $1800.
Get ####ed.

That cannot be just from hitting a gutter!
I can't believe it!

I just want to place any bent rods and sell the damn thing.
Any advice?

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Take it somewhere else, Like a pedders store for a $14 check. Compare what they say to your mechanic.

Cheers
Mat