Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

so i only took it in for a service....

Farlig

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Clubsport
i would replace before complete failure, that's just me, but i wouldn't want something to happen. better safe then sorry.

one of my rear shocks was "rubbing" on the shock cover shield (the outside sleeve) and making a noise, so i bought brand new ones, old ones were still good just the noise annoying the hell out of me.

blake0182

Blake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive
rear shocks cost nothink to get replaced fi you find someone good onli cost me i think 180 including fitting i waited til i got my car lowered tho cos i needed the short shocks , 145 on clock definaterly woudlnt worry bout the steering rack iv heard they basically weep not long out the factory and after a while that weeping looks like more of a leak becuase it dries on there id go get yourself some of that lucas power steering stop leak think it was someoine on here that told me to do it when mine got a tiny bit worse it now never has a loss in powere steering fluid just kept topping it up with that stuff for a week or 2 hardly used any of it and hasnt leaked since im sure there other people that have used that same stuff in theres btw mine has 210 on the clock and before someone starts ripping into me about additives i no most do more harm than good and that engine stop leak etc will never fix a main seal or even help etc but for the power steering that lucas stuff seems to work

Flat_White

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Rolls Royce "Fantom"
My rear shocks have been leaking for a while now. Last time I was at bridgestone the manager (whom I trust) told me there is nothing to worry about.

Reason I trust the bridgestone manager was because he saved me $3k. My steering was wobbling at 100km/h and was steering left. Pedders Suspension said it would cost over $3000 to fix. The manager at Bridgestone took the car for a whole day, tested it and put brand new tyres on. It still didnt help so he took the tyres off and charged me $0 for his time. I even offered to pay him and he refused.

A few months later I still had the problem but I needed new tyres. Instead of selling me 4 (which I was prepared to pay for) I came back and collected the car and he only charged me for 2 because he says the others still had life in them. Also the wheel alignment [for $35] bridgestone did on my car fixed the so called $3000 issue.

Which bridgestone is that??

I would crave that kind of service.

Holdens Rule

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais V6
For sure replace them, as many have said they are not dear and are an easy job. Believe me when they get completely stuffed your car will feel like crap to drive and you don't want that if your trying to avoid someone on the road.

Branch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
where can i get one of these gregory's manual?

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
the diff oil is easy, you will need 2 litres, 2x 1L bottle with the long squeezy kneck on them makes it easier. if its lsd use castrol SAF-XA if its single spinner use castrol LSX90 or SAF-XA

VT-Prime

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT Executive
Get your power steering fixed ASAP!
i kept going with mine when my mechanic said that the only reason that it kept cutting out was because it was 'over-heating'.
This turned out to be a load of S*** and eventually i lost all power steering.
its about $300 for a new power steering pump, so its worth trying to get the old on working properly.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
0173 V6 PCM Short Term Fuel Trim Delta High
• Lean or faulty injector(s) on one side of the engine.
• Cracked or fouled spark plug(s).
• Exhaust or inlet manifold leak.
• Make sure oxygen sensor leads are not swapped.

0342 V6 PCM Camshaft Position Sensor Signal Missing
An intermittent may be caused by a poor connection, rubbed through wire insulation, or a wire broken inside the insulation. Check for:
• Poor Connection or Damage Harness - Inspect PCM harness connectors for backed out terminal "B6", improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminal, poor terminal to wire connection and damaged harness.
• Intermittent Test - If connections and harness check OK, monitor a digital voltmeter connected from PCM terminal "B6" to earth while moving related connectors and wiring harness. If the failure is induced, the voltage reading will change. This may help to isolate the location of the malfunction.

1361 V6 PCM Ignition Bypass Circuit Fault (should illuminate the "Check Powertrain" lamp)
• Poor connection at PCM. Inspect harness connectors for backed out terminals, improper mating, broken locks, improperly formed or damaged terminals, and poor terminal to wire connection.
• Damaged Harness. Inspect the wiring harness for damage. If the harness appears to be OK, disconnect the ignition module, turn the ignition "ON". Connect and observe a voltmeter connected between the Bypass control circuit and B+, while moving connectors and wiring harness related to the ignition module. A change in voltage will indicate the location of the fault.

beattun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
have had my steering rack leak with gusto on my old magna, i mustve spent 5 bucks a day topping it up with PS fluid, not to mention the mess it left every time you turned the wheel, and the noise every time it ran dry, just get it replaced for sure.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Exactly what he said. Gregory's manual FTW!!

heh..... If the VT/X one is anything like the VP one it's one and only use should be to start a fire. Terrible document and should never have been published.

Gen Holden service manuals FTW.

Reaper