Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

So i saw all these cop cars today...

adamc11

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS V Z M6
Hi guys...
Was driving along Bell street today, and saw a whole heap of cop cars gathered on either side of the road and on the median strip. Not sure what was going on, but had a feeling it had something to do with catching people speeding, as on the side of a road i saw something on a tripod facing traffic, which i will guess is a radar gun. Anyway, i've never seen anything like this before... there were about 3-4 standard cop cars, a highway patrol VE SS, an undercover cop car and a cop on a motorcyle, plus a standard sort of van next to the cop car which was next to the thing on the tripod. Any ideas on what this was and the need for so many cars?....

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
there probably was a need for that many cars because of the many speeders :D

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
could have been investigating a serious crash? where they pulling people over or just standing about and stuff?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Saw a similar thing last week down near the Port of Brisbane, only with about four more cars.

They were having a BBQ.

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
Hi guys...
Was driving along Bell street today, and saw a whole heap of cop cars gathered on either side of the road and on the median strip. Not sure what was going on, but had a feeling it had something to do with catching people speeding, as on the side of a road i saw something on a tripod facing traffic, which i will guess is a radar gun. Anyway, i've never seen anything like this before... there were about 3-4 standard cop cars, a highway patrol VE SS, an undercover cop car and a cop on a motorcyle, plus a standard sort of van next to the cop car which was next to the thing on the tripod. Any ideas on what this was and the need for so many cars?....

Here, whenever you see that many cop cars in Brunei, its always boz they are conducting a roadblock.

There would be 1 15-seater van that it actually a mobile office for the cops to bring the offenders and write up fines. Two patrol cars are from the traffic division to help set up the road blocks, the cop on the bike (believe-it-or not) is a 'chaser' in case someone tries to pull away after or makes a u-turn before the road block. The other 'government plate' cars are from the senior officers who are there to supervise. Generally, on the eve of public holidays there are a lot of road blocks but what concerns me is that there dont do this regularly.

At most times of the day, i see a lot of morons jumping red lights, carrying babies on their laps while driving, or worse, having kids stick their heads out of the sunroof. Other traffic offences which are often 'overlooked' is that whenever someone decides to have a grand wedding, the invitees often park on other people's property. I had to wait for one of these wedding parties to actually end as they were blocking my car to exit the garage. Where are the cops when you need them?

blacknight

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive
I almost forgot something. Over here, you wont see the officer actually pointing the gun at the traffic or have it supported by a tripod. they like to station themselves on overhead bridges and on top of hills to radar the fast cars. So even if you were 'tagged' by a radar gun the officer cannot seriously prove that you had gone 120kmph before gradually slowing down upon seeing the roadblock. The cops would just radio ahead to their colleages and say soemthing like (eg.) 'black honda registration number BB xxxx, clocked at 100kmph'. so it is the duty of the officer at the roadblock to look out for the offending cars.

Over here, you can be fined for having 'racer' looking cars. Tints, bodykits, aftermarket rims, loud exhausts or even large stickers attract the cops.

To the cops own credit, most of them will let the driver off with a warning but after you have taken off the tints, stickers etc from off your vehicle. But the loud exhausts, rims would have to sent to their station to be 'reset' to standard specs by the original owner of the car. Sounds ridiculous but this does happen. Most people i know just put back these 'modifications' later...

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
Over here, you can be fined for having 'racer' looking cars. Tints, bodykits, aftermarket rims, loud exhausts or even large stickers attract the cops
where the hell are you thats so rong

most probly training
sometimes out front of my local police station ya see a few cops standing there with r/guns out
also here in adleaide theres a white van wiht tripod and its doing plate reconqnution (spelling hehe) and making a data bass with your cars pic in it