Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some questions for younger drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Can Police just pull P-plates over if they're wearing retarded hats, big goofy sunglasses , driving a VS commo with more or less no exhaust and bouncing on the axle?

I reckon they should.

Hardstylin - Your not a wankstain for driving a V6. You ARE a wankstain for thinking its a high performance vehicle and/or trying to race obvious performance vehicles though.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Hardstylin - You sound like the Ambasador for dipsh!ts world wide.
Driving around with stock rims on the back is just advitising that you drive like an arse hat. There's no need for those antics on the road and therfore no need to have stock rims on. Its my personal belife that if one is caught in such a manner, they should be fined on the spot, because its damned obvious why they're in the situation they're in.

harvy1 - If your reffering to my idea. Thank you. I really hope there is enough support/commitment in the wider community to make something like that work. I myself would have no idea where to start.

That isn't the argument here, all I'm saying is I like the look of a car dumped with stockies on the back, nobody said anything about illegal activities mate.

Fined on the spot? Try your car impounded and court appearance to lose your license in 5 months time.

Hardstylin

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais
Can Police just pull P-plates over if they're wearing retarded hats, big goofy sunglasses , driving a VS commo with more or less no exhaust and bouncing on the axle?

I reckon they should.

Hardstylin - Your not a wankstain for driving a V6. You ARE a wankstain for thinking its a high performance vehicle and/or trying to race obvious performance vehicles though.

I don't think my V6 is a high performance vehicle, I have to do with what I have until I get my full license, you seem to make up a lot of bull****.

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
As for rego, down here the fine is the same amount as the rego, why would you risk driving lol?

In Canberra if your car is out of rego for over 3 weeks (I think) the fine is around $1000. Its 2 fines un-registered and un-insured, so it's cheaper to pay for it.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
1: i like to listen to old people complain

2. old people are funny when they whinge

3. ur too old

4. generic old person taunting response

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Actually, only just had the RWC done last week as I am prepping to sell it. Passed first inspection, there is nothing they could defect my car for as a legit defect.

You know how the defect system works right? You can be defected if a cop suspects your car is defective, its then your time and money to prove it.

zouse

I Love my VT
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt acclaim
I'm 20 years old. :)

I simply try to keep any mod i do to the car as legal as possible or as legal looking as possible.
legal=safe

ive lowerd my car but not low enough that it scraps, wheels are all same size, exhaust not too loud. no tacho and i dont race people at the lights.. i dont think the streets are a race track and 4 sure my car isnt a racing car either.

:) hope that helps you minux

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
I don't think my V6 is a high performance vehicle, I have to do with what I have until I get my full license, you seem to make up a lot of bull****.

I didn't mean you personally mate. It was just a general statement.
But you get what I mean, so its redundant.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I know racing on the roads is illegal, but I was referring to the safety aspects of mags on the front and stockies on the back. There is no real danger.

Actually it is more dangerous. Generally speaking larger high performance tyres will be a softer compound than a standard 15" family truckser budget special. This combined with an emergency stop or turn in less than ideal circumstances can be a disaster. The rear tyres will loose traction first (by means of either a skid or slide) and cause the car to spin or slide into the surrounding shrubbery. Surprisingly this is one of the compelling reasons it is illegal to have smaller tyres on the rear than the front of your car.

You say it looks crap, well all I'm saying is that's your opinion.

In most cases looks are just an opinion. This is an exception - no opinion what so ever :) - 100% fact - they look crap!

Tacho's can be mounted in ways which don't create a blind spot. There is a few spots they can be mounted legally.

What is wrong with the one that is in virtually every car since the VR?

Reaper

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Question 1:

Why the hell do you drive with 2 20 inch wheels on the front and 2 15 inch stockies on the rear? Do you like to think you car has more power because it can rip up one wheel while turning easier? Is it because you can't afford to buy the back2 rims? Or was finance declined on new tyres so you put stockies back on?

Not only does the above attract police attention, it looks bloody stupid.

I don't. I think 20's are gay, and the 19" Sigs i had on my old VP were rough as nails on bumps, and people who drive around with stockies on the rear look like fags, it makes their car look ratty, and stockies are meant for burnouts at track days, most of the time the ****-knockers who drive around public roads with stockies on don't drive faster than 80km's or spin their wheels, it's pure wank factor IMO.

And the ones who do, are generally the first ones to whinge, bitch and complain that police are "picking on them" and that it's "bull****" that they were defected / fined etc. Awww poor bubby's, what did you expect? Idiots :rolleyes:

Question 2:

Why do you think that having suspension that looks like there is no springs in the rear is cool?
Clearly you prefer the company of men as no self respecting woman would enter a vehicle like that and risk breast cancer from the severe bouncing effect. Not only is it dangerous bouncing off the bump stops, it looks bloody stupid from behind.

Again all it does is attract police attention and it looks bloody stupid.

Because, they are too cheap or are incapable of saving cash for decent mods like tuning, decent suspension set ups, cams, diff's, transmissions etc etc, therefore they believe tucking rim on 15" wheels or tucking half a rim on 18's or 19's will make their car more aerodynamic, therefore in turn, making their car hectically fast. I'm gonna slam my Senator until the diff, exhaust and fuel tank drag along the bitumen on a flat surface, i'll blaze your VY Sig Craig :p

Question 3:

Why exactly do you need a shift light in a stock VR-VZ V6 executive commodore? No, you do not require a 32" Monster tacho. No your car isn't a major feat of engineering, it will not blow up if you miss the rpm's by 20 rpm. It is a 6 cylinder, not a race car. I would have thought being new drivers you would like to limit any blindspots you have, not create them.

Again all it does is attract police attention and it looks bloody stupid.

I never fitted one. They are gay, my last car had a stage 2 cluster which has a tacho, and you don't need a shift light for an auto unless you are a complete braindead scag or just want to look cool for everyone else and play it down when people try to drag you like you have a really fast car, but "don't street race", yet you are the first to blaze stock 4 banger Lancers at any other set of lights lol.

Question 4:

Why do you try and race cars such as my Senator at every set of lights? Do you really think your V6 commodore is going to keep up? Do you really think we are stupid enough to prove to you that yes your car is a piece of crap and we are not interested in racing from lights. Your car is not a V8 even though you would like us to all think so with that stupid sounding exhaust.

Again all it does is attract police attention and it makes you look bloody stupid.

Seriously, I want people to reply with some serious answers, I see the above people driving these piece of **** cars everyday and deal with the same type of wankers wanting to race everyday. Why the **** do you attract attention to yourselves and then whinge when you get defected. IT IS YOUR OWN FAULT that the government has come down so hard on young drivers. Would also like to take this time to blame Victoria Police on not coming down harder on wankers who are clearly breaking the law with stupid mods and giving people that do modify legally a bad name,

Finally, my 5 litre V8 with a tune, exhaust and panel filter wouldn't come remotely close to beating your LS1 at any stage in a drag, so why would i make myself look like a ****wit (even if you DID drag from the lights), lose everytime, waste a ****load of fuel manual shifting my auto and tromping the pedal time after time? So i don't understand why V6 drivers do it against an LS1?

I think alot of us are asking the same questions dude. It seems to be worse in Geelong though, when i was out there just after my mate had his roadbike accident, we were driving through the main street of Geelong to get something to eat and drink, every slammed VT V6 tried running me, i didn't even try it, just accelerated normally while they hammered their foot to the floor, only for me to be sitting next to them at the next set of lights LOL!! Good work guys, you just used 20 times more 98ron fuel than i did, and it took me 3 seconds to catch up and sit at the exact same spot you are.

GOOD WORK!! :thumbsup: 304's sound deeper and rumblier at low revs anyway, so i keep it there, not to mention i don't wanna lose my car, license or money. I'm no angel, i won't say i have NEVER done a burnout before (i have done 4, all at night, not in Melbourne, all on the same night) and they were on deserted remote roads with no one else in my car or even around me. I couldn't live with myself if i killed someone from showing off, i'd end up killing myself because i couldn't deal with it.

Not a situation i'd like to be in. But hey, i have a missus, i don't need to make the general public think i have "big balls" :D I think my car looks nicer than alot of Commodores out there, that's all i am proud of. I like being the owner of an almost immaculate black 1996 GENUINE HSV Senator. Not a tonne of young people could say they do, so i am more than happy with that :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.