Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some SH*T FORD

Panama

Reaction score
Members Ride
'87 VL Calais with L67
if so, i stand corrected then :)

not quite mate, an old boy at work had to have us pull all his alloys off of his vy acclaim+ refit em, had to sit on the ground and lean back and kick each side of the wheel, left right left, like stomping. took us about an hour to do em, and anti-seize behind em.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I think the title should be more focused on what morons the two guys are rather than how crap a Ford is. I can't begin to say how dangerous it is to have a strap looped over the towball like that. They obviously don't even have a grasp of basic physics. How can you expect a rim to come off a hub when it is being pulled sideways. You see the steering turn to the left at the very first bit of pressure applied. He spends too much time in the McDonalds drive through by the looks of him anyway.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Hate to say this, but it actually is isolated to fords, particularly that design of mag wheel.
The mag wheel has a habit of coroding onto the wheel hub and it is impossible to get the wheel off.
I have also experienced this problem with my nan's Ford Meteor (Laser sedan) and next door neighbour with their old ford falcon with the same mag wheels

The vr/s berlina rims are bad for this aswell not just fords sorry to tell you keza.

System

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ commodore exec
hey we all know what FORD stand for:

Federation Of Recycled Datsans

V85000i

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5L Calais
ha, ha, as soon as i read the first post, i straight away thought Fairmont Ghia wheel, i had a ford with em, and they are pricks to get off, it's because theres about an inch wide of mag slides over the hub, not just a few mm like most wheels and it jams up like hell.