Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

some VL questions from new member

M

matteo 22

if some one could get back to me on this one it will help out lots thanks

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Welcome to the forums! Please be patient.. sometimes it takes a day or two to get the response you're after.. this might sound crazy but if you can provide us with some more details, that will help us help you :) What is the problem? How does the problem occur?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
When the button is in it is in economy mode and when out goes to 3 speed power mode (took a while to work out as power light on dash is dead LOL)

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
matteo 22 said:
just wont to know y my power button dose not work?

Normally Id say you would need to get the trans looked at. But something happend just recently you might want to try, My brother has an '87 & the power button/4th gear died on him on the way from Ceduna, anyways, he had my Trans computer from my '88 & turned out that when he went to change computer b4 taking it to get fixed, he found that the terminals on the back were damaged, "eaten" I think was the word lol.

Anyhoo try checking the trans computer connectors, not too hard & may save you some money...

D.

Nobody Actually

luxo barge
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 wm Caprice
i'm a bit concerned about my auto, it likes to change into 4th while going up hills.

any suggestions?

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
turn power on. Shouldnt let overdrive (power off) kick in when climbing hills, or towing etc... not good for the trans! basicly I use mine when Im doing 80k's or more power off & under that, hills, towing I make sure power is on.

D.

i_want_kw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL to VS
so.... someone said when the button is in... it's in economy mode.... wouldnt it make sence to keep it in all-day, everyday? i only push the 'PWR' button in when i've hit high revs on the freeway (95kph +) ... is that right yea? lol
or am i messn wit my transmission and wasting too much petrol?
with my extractors and exhaust i dnt think it'll matter much either way lol

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
hey yer i recently bought a VL for cheap, he said that u can't put in over drive until after 5-10mins of driving the car... this the exact same thing about the 4th gear?

sorry i no next to nothing about cars

M

mitchie

whats with the cracking

is there any way i can lower my motor and raise my radiator to stop potential cracking?
and if so how much will it cost