Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sony Explode

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Go ask an installer... Or pro with no interest in making money from you. They will tell you how Sony products rate compared to other brands.

I work with someone who has repaired Sony products in the past and he wouldn't buy Sony car audio now.

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
sony xplod gear isnt made by sony, the name is lesed to another company so they can use the name 'sony' on their stuff
thats is true, If you want proof that sony is crap, about 2 years ago sony have 6X9's 3 ways that had a triangle shaped 2 way piece. A year later Sound4 had the very same speakers.
i'll google around and try to find pics of both speakers.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
I have 2x 12inch sony xplode subs, and i love them!! they pump out a great sound, and i have had them for a few years and no problems.. but i advice to get a decent amp to run the babies.. i wouldnt go for a sony xplode amp..

i have a jvc deck and speakers, so you dont have to have matching stuff.. its just what you prefer..

ive heard that the pentagon shaped subs from sony were crap, but the round ones before them were pretty good

phat_com

VR IS A BEAST WITH NEW V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR s2 Acclaim/VK IS GONE :(
ok heres the sound4 speakers that came up (about 5~ page if you wanna check)

Attachments

• XSGT6937X_thumb.jpg
    XSGT6937X_thumb.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 105
  • XSGT6947X_thumb.jpg
    XSGT6947X_thumb.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 121

Ghost79

Thats How We Roll!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
95 S1 Berlina
If ya gonna get sony get the best Ones, otherwise get a high quality brand like, Focal or MB Quarts etc. just don't get Pioneer cos everyone has that.

Calais3800

KALAIS_KRAZY
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais v6
i agree, im sick to death of pioneer. I luv em but its time to move on. As to the sony's not being built in japan.....doesnt matter. Why? coz its designed in Japan and built to japanse QA standerds. Thats bout as good as it gets these days. These days Most top end manufactuers are contracting there products to 3rd world nations whose labour cost nothing compered to ours or say japan its self. i have bougt many high quality products desined from germany or japan only to get them home turn em ova , as see a big fat ugly "MADE IN TAIWAN" label. Unless your prepared to fork ova massive quantites for Elite top end stuff. But as i recall even ALPINE waz "doing it" way bak in 1999 when i bought a PHILLIPS 4x channel amp. only to be told 3 monthes later by a indusry pro that they were desined and built in the ALPINE factory in JAPAN. PHILLIPS simply put there labels on them and sold them through JB HI-FI at cheaper prices! :D . I still have that amp TODAY! After 8 1/2 years flat out powering Twin (2x) JL auido 650watt (1300watt total) 10" subs (boxed). not bad for $180 at the time.:thumbsup:

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
i personally know nothing about sony decks and amps, but 1 of my mates has his car decked out with sony and one has clarion and to be honest unless u start pumpin it loud i cant notice the diff and neither can any body else but as soon as you go over a certain amount the clarion kills it. but by what i have been told the sony head units and amps are pretty good for the money but the part people bag sony about is the cheap quality speakers and how they break, i personally like pioneer and mtx but like people have said, listen to it and if you like it then get into your pockets and spend:D....... good luck with it and hope it works out for ya

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
im just going to stop replying to this thread and hope it goes away

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
i leave for a few days and all this happens! gosh!
you get what you pay for, sony are cheap, pioneer range from cheap to moderate focal are expensive.
for christs sake just because you think sony sounds good doesn't mean it is!:bang: