Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sooper low idle

6210vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
Sometimes see all sorts of commys getting around where its already cammed the idle will jump up to 3krpm and back down once every second, is this a programmed thing, is it so you get motion but Don't spill the wheels. What is it? I'm sure someone knows what I'm yarning on about, but I've just never known.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
It's usually the hectic behind the wheel that thinks their car is so powerful it will take off into outer space if they do anything more than tap the throttle. They also need to do it to show how big their cam is or how ported their rotary is.

There is an element of truth somewhat, if your car has a maaasive cam then you need to rev it much higher to get it into it's powerband to move, so doing finer movements like pulling into a car park or reversing are a bit more difficult when you're trying to go slow. Really they've just made their car a terrible daily drive.

6210vy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ss
Yea fair enough makes sense, it's just normaly not always p platers, often burnout and drag cars which makes sense doing taps of the throttle to get it above the threshold

H

harrop.senator

Or its got a high stall torque converter on it and it's flashing.