Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sound System high pitch sound

liquidforce_134

Reaction score
hey all

I jsut installed my new stereo:

6 1/2 inch kenwood 150 watt speakers for the back
6 1/2 inch pioneer 220 splits
12 inch JBL sub
520 watt JBL amp
Pioneer head unit

and i seem to be gettin a high pitched ringin tone when i drive or rev the car. When i put my accelarator down the pitch gets higher....

Does anyone know what could be the problem???

V

VSStato8

1.If your power lead and rca's are running from front of car together they could cause interference with each other. Solution = run them seperately ie rca's one side power other.
2.you could have a bad earth somewhere. If you've earthed it to the body somewhere that has paint on it you'll have to rub it off so that it gets a good connection to the body.

S

scott_dog_1

id agree by saying bad earth. my mates vl did the exact same thing.

liquidforce_134

Reaction score
nup ive checked both of those things just mentioned and it is all done right but i still hav the high pitch tone.

it gets higher as i rev the car.....

Any more suggestions???

pill

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
logically, what part of the electrical system goes faster when the engine revs? i reckon it's an alternator problem.

Two solutions: one is an rca noise filter, (filters the sound at line-level before it gets to the amps), the other is a power signal noise filter (filters the power between the batteries and the amps, which should kill the noise before it gets there). I used both in my 1971 kingswood because the non-resistored electrics were an audiophile's nightmare; i got repco to order them both in from a brand called aerpro. cost me about $30 for a wiring kit that included the noise filter, an in line fuse and 6 metres of battery cable, all made up ready to go. the con is you can only get them up to 40 amp rating, so they come with 8guage cable, which limits you to under 600 watt amps unless you use capacitors.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Fix the problem, don't try to hide it with a filter. But why are you bumping a 3.5 year old thread anyway?