Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

sound....

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
Hey boys i'm just lookin into a new sound system for my vs. I like loud punk rock so does ne1 have any sujestions for what kinda set up i need??? :D cheers

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
zegerman said:
Hey boys i'm just lookin into a new sound system for my vs. I like loud punk rock so does ne1 have any sujestions for what kinda set up i need??? :D cheers

lol like so many people :p have you tried looking in the car audio section? give that a try if not let us know, it really depend how much u wonna spend

wikid_sticks

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs spac, pantha mica, vy ss rims
Hey dude, whats your budget..

id say for decent sound id get this, 2 x 6" splits up front, 2 x 6x9's in the rear parcel shelf as fill, a 12" sub in a box, a headunit with 3 preouts (front, back and sub). A 4 channel amp to run the speakers and a monoblock amp to run the sub.

try this website www.caraudioaustralia.com

also theres heaps of good stuff on www.ebay.com.au

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
wikid sticks has told you what you need, now you need to go and demo some speakers with one of your CD's to see if they suit your music.

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
For punk, I would... I always said no to 6x9's with subs, but 6's just don't seem to have the low midbass output for a good frequency response for punk. It always seems really tinny with 6.5" and 12" subs.

zegerman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive MANUAL
mmmmmm..... What to choose????? I guess I'll Just have to listen to em both With a 12" goin aswell..... I listen to stuff like pennywise and rise against... So yer mabey i should look at the 6x9's. This is my first car so i don't relly no all to much about this kinda stuff.

dlzn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec SII 3.8 V6
you cant put 6x9s in a VS. it becomes unroadworthy, or so ive been told.
i would look into it before you mess up the parcel shelf.

as for system, 4ch amp running front splits and 12" sub. rear 6/6.5" running off deck