Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

South Australia To Introduce Dangerous Driving Laws For Private Property

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Queensland police have/are getting unmanned flying drones to protect the public. Wont be long till every state police force has them.

I've heard of this supposedly happening on farms in a bid to check up working dogs to make sure they're not too aggressive towards stock. I'd love to see the end result when a farmer gets out his 12 gauge on a drone lol.

Shorty33

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega sedan 3.0 2010
I'm surprized that SA would consider taking a new direction by itself. Ever since 1999, the states and territories have all embraced the Australian Road Rules.

Secondly, most traffic laws are limited to "public streets", or "public places". And you'll see in the sections quoted above, refer to "the public".
Just because a place is privately-owned land, doesn't deprive it of the character of being a "public place". The classic example is a carpark at a shopping centre. The carpark beliongs to whoever owns the shopping centre, but the carpark is open to, and used by the public, so it is a public place for the purpose of the traffic laws.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
i find myself saying "only in australia" more and more...

Can't agree with this more.

In 10 years I can see SA drivers getting pulled over and asked "Any reason why you are driving a car this evening?"

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I've heard of this supposedly happening on farms in a bid to check up working dogs to make sure they're not too aggressive towards stock. I'd love to see the end result when a farmer gets out his 12 gauge on a drone lol.
12 gauge isn't shooting a drone down, lol.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Looks like we have to do our burnouts on Crown Land then, SA police have no jurisdiction at Adelaide Airport or Parafield Airport as they are Commonwealth Government Land, hence the Federal cops and extended liquor trading hours and sales at servo (do they still sell at the Airport BP?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec

As a genuine question, I wonder what is the legality of doing that (shooting down a drone)? Damaging someone else's property?