Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed alert set to permanent digital speedo.

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
I have a series 2, ute. which im pretty sure its exec, i have factory electric windows (im assuming as i have the correct door trims and a mid BCM)

and the sedan was a series 1 acclaim, both have the exact same speed alert.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
I think I’ve found why.

Hijacking an old thread but I too was curious on why mine doesn’t keep digital speed on permanent.

Part number 92053373 seems to be ones that keep them permanent, and others like mine 92048774 don’t keep them permanent. While the looms and plugs are the same. The unit 92048774, as mentioned, only has 8 male connector pins on the unit. While 92053373 Has 10. I think the extra two are permanent power and ground or memory wires to the unit that every loom has, but not every unit has the connectors for it. Hence some work and some don’t. Not sure why that is though.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Sus,

I think you've got as that's exactly what I worked out and on another thread about the same topic.

It's all about the extra 2 pins on the unit itself and nothing to do with the car itself as the wiring is the same in that area for both VR's that had this feature and all VS' vehicles.
Good spotting though as it took me a while to work it out as we've got 6 Vs's and all of them do it bar one.

SUS231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 S Ute 3.8L v6
Hi Sus,

I think you've got as that's exactly what I worked out and on another thread about the same topic.

It's all about the extra 2 pins on the unit itself and nothing to do with the car itself as the wiring is the same in that area for both VR's that had this feature and all VS' vehicles.
Good spotting though as it took me a while to work it out as we've got 6 Vs's and all of them do it bar one.
Yeah probably could have done a bit more thread digging after finding this one to see if it has been worked out. I was just going through eBay and taking note of the pictures of the units people were selling and it seemed like 92053373 and i think there was another part number, probably a newer or first model one, that had the 10 pins, while the ones with 8 pins people said don’t work permanently so I put two and two together lol. Makes it easier since mine is only a 8pin so I know what to look for when hunting through wreckers for one that has permanent speedo, not that it’s necessary but I think it’s a cool feature and I usually forget all about it until I’m already on the road and too late to turn it on then lol