Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speed Cameras.

Azp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN/VR
Whats the stupid rule???

P platers in NSW are on a ZERO tolerance for speeding. Get done speeding, any speed, and your licence is automatically suspended, no second chance.

etc etc

....9.20am traffic was fair clear and i was heading eastbound in the right hand lane on warringah road doing about 60 (limit is 70) and i didnt see the 40 (school zone) sign lit up... the westbound stretch of road is 70 at this time while it is only 40 heading eastbound... I am heaps worried though as im a red P plater i would loose my licence.

I hardly imagine the road teeming with children at 9.20am (correct me if I'm wrong but most schools start at 9.00). Easy to leave the 40 signs on for a while though and help rack up a few more tickets on the camera. Who's looking for a 40 sign at 9.20 when all the oncoming cars are doing at least 70?

revv_head

I DRIVE A V6 SS :P
Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
hey. turns out i didnt get booked and it was only for traffic heading westbound.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
hey. turns out i didnt get booked and it was only for traffic heading westbound.

How'd you figure? Can take months for fines to get sent out you know...

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
i remember when me n me mate were driving down the free and it was pitch black next thing u see this white flash n his like i think i just got done, a month later he gets a letter lol, ive been done once before lucky i was doing 69 in a 60 zone so wasnt that bad.

Thing that shits me is these days they put the cameras in any car so its harder to notice lol, but i dunt speed that much anymore anyway not really worth it, if i wanna go fast i go caldar

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
EDIT: Queensland doesnt warn you if they have fixed or portable speed camera's up, they have a little blue sign, tucked away somewhere, if you're lucky on the portable ones... And unmarked cars, black mercedes vans, toyotas, little 4 cyl things.. they're sneaky!!!
LOL, just like Victoria! We dont warn about any not even the mobile speed cameras, IF your lucky you'll see the "Speed Cameras operate in this area" which is a permanent sign which says that a mobile speed camera could be here. Some of them dont even have authorised areas for cameras near where the sign is! Besides that most fixed (speed and red light) and mobile arn't signed. Actually, with the red light cameras, your likely to see red light camera ahead signs when approaching intersections with a red light camera, but NOT for your direction of travel. Scare tactic for unknowing people, and to warn them to be aware if someone speeds there could be a nice bright flash in the night. Most red light cameras dont have warnings if they're for your directino of travel though.

It's soo good going to NSW and seeing all the signs alerting you of them! My mate thought he got done by one [we saw the sign and the light on the camera changed colour]. After 2 months and talking to a friend we presume it was just a traffic management camera. It's now been 6 months and no fine for him, so it's all good i think.

In NSW, you have to request and pay for the photo. It used to be around $13. Initially, all you receive is the Speed Camera Infringement Notice.
Same as victoria, you have to apply for the picture. You are not given it.

revv_head good to hear everything worked out though! :)

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Well it's been over a month. My dad has been booked by speed cameras twice. Took 2 weeks. :)

Hopefully you're right, I've had one come 2-3 months later though, I think they enjoy giving you a surprise :p

Probably just a NSW thing.

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
In nsw you can see the photo for free on the internet but. Oh im from sydney by the way

revv_head

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Yep been like 6months and confirmed with RTA that speed camera only snaps you whilst travelling westbound. It got burntout recently yeaa boi!