Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding Fines

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

holden_vp_man

:b: very good forum but i cant help wonder cause a site admin started this forum it is allowed where as if a member started it it prolly wouldnt be allowed site admins have banned forums about " biggest burnout " saying that they dont agree with street burnouts and yet ur willing to post a forum about ur highest speed which is well over 150km an hour i just think thats a bit one sided speeding is prolly worse than burnouts anyway thats my 2 cents good stories though guys relly good read :D

Koontz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
Daniel Jaeschke said:
My one and only speeding ticket was in my 3 cylinder suzi when she was a bit sick and would start missing at times under load (thats why shes now been pensioned off) and i was following a mate and I was getting left behind on the SE Freeway so i gave it what you can in a sick 3pot downhill and my speedo was reading about 115kph and then at the Mt Barker turnoff I caught a flash in the corner of my eye and i thought bugger, and sure enough i got a letter about a month later saying i was doing 124 (fortunatly not 125 because that would be the next bracket up) in a 110 zone $145 and 1 demerit point later, so yeah now in SA you do loose demerit points when caught on camera

suzuki hatch? 800cc or RAW MUSCLE! LMAO
whats the fastest u got it going?
i had mine up to 140 down the SE freeway
felt like i was flying a kite and wernt to many revs left.
used to also blow an awesome cloud of smoke of the first set of lights i had to stop at after that run.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
i got a speeding fine yesterday which i swear is crap.

91 in an 80 zone. 127 bucks and 1 point. the reason i think its crap is cos i knew there was a speed camera on the intersection i was caught on and i know i always do 80 through it. (it was a fixed camera)

oh well, looks like i gotta pay it... but im gunna make sure i get a copy of the picture and hang it on my wall as a reminder to not speed again

coolvl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl
Years ago i had a little sporty mazda that was a dream to drive so anyway i was at the lights in Ringwood at New st when a commdore pulls along side. The 3 guys inside challenge me to a race so when the lights change i booted it and quickly had the little red devil up to about 90 mph , left them for dead but get stuck at next set of lights which is where they catch up. As they pull up they guy in the back holds up an illuminated POLICE sign. oops So they pull me over give me a bit of grief and promptly write a ticket for 120 odd dollars. Now as i was going 90 mph in a 60kmh zone i wasn't going to complain although i did feel a bit ripped cos they challenged me first. Apparently they were vice cops and couldn't be bothered with the paperwork of a court case. I had to sell that car soon after as 5 fines in 2 weeks was to expensive but it was that kind of car it just needed to be driven hard.

R

Rinn_P

Can I just point out you lot are bragging about lame ass speeding tickets? I know most peple get done for speeding (I know i have) but for those of you who were way over the speed limit...especially in 60 zones...you need to check yourself man.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
OK guys, a few of you have raised some concerns which I would like to address.

Firstly some of you are saying that this topic shouldn't be allowed and it only is allowed because an admin created this thread and it breaks the rules and if anyone else did it would be deleted. Well you are missing the whole story, if you scroll back a few pages to the beginning you will see that the thread was created well over 2 years ago. At that time we had no rule about not posting these type of threads. Back then there were only a handful of members compared to today where we are growing to soon be the biggest commodore forum. Because of this, new rules have had to be introduced so if this type of thread was started now it would indeed be deleted/ closed. So essentially there is no hypocrisy here, and its not a case of admin/mods being 'above the law' so to speak. If you ran a search you would find many of these type of threads that are years old.

Secondly, because this thread is suprisingly still active, and it seems to be degenerating everyday into a 'bragging about how fast i went over the limit' thread. I think in accordance with the new rules the best thing to do is to close this topic and probably delete it in a day or 2.

Cheers, Julie :)

Status
Not open for further replies.