Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speeding Margin to be axed.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
i would like to know how much safer i am if i am doing 60km/h or 61km/h..
If you have a crash at 60km/h you will be ok. If you crash at 61km/h you will ####ing die in a fireball and your car will crash into a nearby orphanage, burning it to the ground.

Source: State Government.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If you have a crash at 60km/h you will be ok. If you crash at 61km/h you will ####ing die in a fireball and your car will crash into a nearby orphanage, burning it to the ground.

On the other hand if you were doing 80 whatever it was that pulled/stepped out in front of you would have done it behind you in complete safety :D
60 KILLS!!!!!

Reaper

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

ROFLMAO - love it.

Critical Jim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais, VL SL
On the other hand if you were doing 80 whatever it was that pulled/stepped out in front of you would have done it behind you in complete safety :D
60 KILLS!!!!!

Reaper

You forgot to mention that at 61, the cute puppies you swerved to avoid will still die a horrible death.

60 KILLS!!!!!

Reaper

Lol, this reminds me of a picture I saw once.

Something along the lines of.

5kph slower and she'll d only have a bruised leg.

Or

5kp faster and the damb b!t<h would still be on the kerb.

Speed up and miss the impact.

Zero % leeway is total bollocks personally, the physical speedo and the digital one in my Calais are about 3kph out from each other.

If there going to use this system they should force car makers to have no % leeway of the factory floor and also provide a free or at least massively discounted service to test and possibly re-calibrate the speedo of older vehicles.

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
i'll say this again speeding doesn't kill

stupid drives kill

/

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol

ssv 08 ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v 2008 ute
Remember it is the speed LIMIT !!
If your concerned about getting done for a few km over then i suggest you try 55 or 50 in a 60 zone.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
What a joke! The car manufacturers only garuntee the speedos accuracy to within 10%!!

This has been covered already. Manufactures have a tolerance but that's for the speedo to show a speed HIGHER than your actual speed.

No manufacturer allows a margin where the speedo will show a speed lower than what you are actually traveling at.

In regards to this 0 tolerance law. Absolute bullshit.

Pointless andand simply revenue raising.

Are we also going to now see "Wipe of 1, or wipe out lives" TAC ads on TV?

All this will do is distract drivers from driving and instead have them concentrating on the speedo.

If they want to do something useful, invest in driver education, training and make it harder for people to get a license, not this sort of ****.

I haven't been done for speeding in a good 6 year odd I think now, pretty proud of that, but there is no way in hell that I can guarantee that I haven't gone 1kmph over. Unless you set your cruise control like 3kmph under the limit you can accidentally wander 1kmph over.

Slight hill, overtaking move, etc.

Utter rubbish. I mean, even the copper in that article things it's rubbish.

moggy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
If your concerned about getting done for a few km over then i suggest you try 55 or 50 in a 60 zone.
And contribute to more painful traffic congestion.