Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Speedo & odometer issues

wal555

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rc colorado 3.6
How many km on yours. I1 thing I will say is make Sour u keep the PCV valve clean and regularly oil changes.

Villageclown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I’ve got about 180,000s on mine. Will do mate thanks!
Let me know if you make any progress and i’ll do the same
Cheers!!
How many km on yours. I1 thing I will say is make Sour u keep the PCV valve clean and regularly oil changes.

wal555

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rc colorado 3.6
I found out some information why it does it. It's in the Ecu. It the Service part of the Ecu and it tells it the car is due for a service or a falt has been found. The only way to fix it is to replace the Ecu or have someone open up the Ecu and by pass it. I haven't found anyone to do it as yet. You can use the Ecu from a commodore but u will need the key and barrel and recalibrate the Ecu.

Villageclown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
I found out some information why it does it. It's in the Ecu. It the Service part of the Ecu and it tells it the car is due for a service or a falt has been found. The only way to fix it is to replace the Ecu or have someone open up the Ecu and by pass it. I haven't found anyone to do it as yet. You can use the Ecu from a commodore but u will need the key and barrel and recalibrate the Ecu.
Legend mate, thanks for letting me know.
Just out of curiosity, how did you come across that information?
Do you think by passing it is something only a holden dealership would be able to do.
Now to figure out the most cost effective way of having it resolved hahaha, thanks again for passing on the information!

wal555

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rc colorado 3.6
I'm not sure yet. But I will fine out