Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Sports Gauges for SV6

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Any news on this???

Keen to get one for mine.

Does anyone know if there's any other companies who also make them as $722 is pretty expensive but I guess it's not too bad if it plug and play.

monaro66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
I ended up buying a new JHP two gauge pod off ebay for $299, around $70 cheaper than their website lists them for (type in gauge or gauge pod in search, they still had three left yesterday) and 52mm volts and oil pressure gauges also off ebay for around $50 each (with red illumination to match SV6 dials). Pod arrived today and looks really neat in place of the speaker cover in the dash. All I have to do now is work out how to get the rest of the dash apart to get them connected - anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for a VE? Might have to look up a good auto-electrician

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
you'll probably have to run wires to the sensors on the for oil pressure volts should be easy just find an ignition source. but given the VE uses CAN i don't know where you'll find oil pressure cept off the sensor.

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
I ended up buying a new JHP two gauge pod off ebay for $299, around $70 cheaper than their website lists them for (type in gauge or gauge pod in search, they still had three left yesterday) and 52mm volts and oil pressure gauges also off ebay for around $50 each (with red illumination to match SV6 dials). Pod arrived today and looks really neat in place of the speaker cover in the dash. All I have to do now is work out how to get the rest of the dash apart to get them connected - anyone know where I can get a wiring diagram for a VE? Might have to look up a good auto-electrician

I was going to do the same thing as you monaro666 but decided that I'd most likely buy the whole kit off JHP as it is plug and play.

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 hsv ve r8 clubby oh baby!
ive pulled the top bits of my dash again as ive relocated my tweeters from the console to behind the the seats on the lil windows in the ute an i had a look for a harness for u guys there isnt any there just the ones the speaker disconnects from

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
ive pulled the top bits of my dash again as ive relocated my tweeters from the console to behind the the seats on the lil windows in the ute an i had a look for a harness for u guys there isnt any there just the ones the speaker disconnects from

hmm, so if there is no loom there, why are JHP selling a "plug n play" system? Or do are they meaning more of a "find your own signal, power and earth leads, make a loom yourself, AND THEN plug n play"?? :whistling

loom hiding elsewhere?

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
unsure unless its tucks up there where i couldnt see i took a photo of where the speaker was it in my ride pics all u can see is the 2 cords for the speaker

Unit_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 M6
Someone should email JHP and ask and see if they can get us a group buy deal :p

shauniie

Reaction score
Members Ride
that could be an idea lol ill be up for it if theres a group buy

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
unsure unless its tucks up there where i couldnt see i took a photo of where the speaker was it in my ride pics all u can see is the 2 cords for the speaker

i would assume there is a loom "somewhere" for the factory guages to hook up, but if it's not jumping outta the top of the dash, maybe the connector is elsewhere in the dash and an "extension" cable (if you will) is required for the factory hook-up? Just a theory... :whistling

a group buy would be great, but i'm not sure they'd discount it too much... I haven't even seen the JHP product... *is scanning thread for links to product....

:thumbsup: