Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Springs & Rear bar question.

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
Hi all.

would an ss sedan rear bar fit a wagon? (if not how come)

&

if i were to fit a set of vz clubsport springs to my wagon would i need to change the shocks? or anything else for that matter? (im assuming the clubsport springs are similar to fe2)...

thanks guys :dance:

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
By saying the rear bar u mean the bumber bar! If thats the case, no they would not fit, both bars are two totally different shapes. If thats wat u where on about!

Its usually best that u change the shocks when u do the springs, cause once u fit lowered springs, ur shocks will bottom out.
From wat i know sedan & wagons springs are different, so no, more than likely the springs out of vz clubsport wont fit the wagon.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The shock won't bottom out, the car will hit the bump stops before that happens, regardless of which springs you have. You do need to fit shorter shocks though just to trap the springs but. Wagon springs are a bit shorter than sedan ones but they have a different spring rate. People have fitted them, but I don't know how they ride.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
The shock won't bottom out, the car will hit the bump stops before that happens, regardless of which springs you have. You do need to fit shorter shocks though just to trap the springs but. Wagon springs are a bit shorter than sedan ones but they have a different spring rate. People have fitted them, but I don't know how they ride.

Yep, tats wat i meant.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450

im running the wagon SL HD's with the factory air shocks, (monroe gt sport in the front)

the ride is pretty good but if no air is in the shocks theres about 20mm of compresion room before it hits the stops, <makes terrible thuds when it does, so i have to run approx 200kpa of air to stop hitting stops, although in doing this is higher speed corners can make the back end feel floaty,

i think i might chop a little off the stop and see how it goes

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
im running the wagon SL HD's with the factory air shocks, (monroe gt sport in the front)

the ride is pretty good but if no air is in the shocks theres about 20mm of compresion room before it hits the stops, <makes terrible thuds when it does, so i have to run approx 200kpa of air to stop hitting stops, although in doing this is higher speed corners can make the back end feel floaty,

i think i might chop a little off the stop and see how it goes

Why don't you just fit the correct sedan spring? With air shocks the load is off the spring and it isn't doing it's job. If you have to put air in the shocks to get the height right then the springs are wrong.

kinga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
Correct me if I am wrong, I think the ute and wagon rear springs are the same in the VZ, rather than the sedan and wagon rear springs. I believe vz 6 cylinder front springs are interchangeable, but the v8's have a different front spring weight/rate.
I am looking at putting lowered springs in my wagon, nothing crazy, was thinking of 1.5 inch low springs, the next step down from standard, any suggestions?
The rear bumper definitly wont fit though.

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
Why don't you just fit the correct sedan spring? With air shocks the load is off the spring and it isn't doing it's job. If you have to put air in the shocks to get the height right then the springs are wrong.

cause i have a wagon, hence wagon springs........, holden recommends having something like 50kpa in the shocks at all time, so that little bit extra just stops it from hitting stops, when the shocks are shagged im putting shortened shocks

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
cause i have a wagon, hence wagon springs........, holden recommends having something like 50kpa in the shocks at all time, so that little bit extra just stops it from hitting stops, when the shocks are shagged im putting shortened shocks

My bad, thought you had a sedan.