Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS and SSV Fuel Usage

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering making the purchase of an SSV early next year and was wondering how they go in regards to the fuel usage and milage out of a 75L tank when driven normally.

I do around 600K's per week (90% freeway usage) so would love someone to show some fuel usage numbers for around town and freeway usage along with KM's they have gotten out of their cars..

Thanks for any info/help

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
They are V8's so don't expect them to be very economical around town but on freeway they shouldn't be too bad, I'd say economy might be similar to previous V8 models. Don't know but I think.

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
My SSv averages around 14L per 100KLMS - this is based on around 85% non motorway commuting.

My VY SS - used to average around 18 to 19L on similar usage.

Needless to say I am very pleased about the fuel consumption - and it has vindicated my decision to eventually by another V8 rather than ab SV6.

I have done around 5000klms and have tracked consumption from day one.
The worst has been 15.3L and the best 12.3L.

westshor

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss-v
I would agree with those figures. I got my SS V a month ago & on a trip it is consuming about 12l/100km, around town about 15l/100km.
Pretty decent figures I reckon considering the power that you have on hand.
Previously I had an Audi Allroad which was a 2.7 litre 6 cylinder (tho twin-turbo) & that was struggling to better 11.5 on a long trip

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
That 12.3 is that on freeway driving or normal?

12.3 included a motorway run so the mix would have been around 60% town and 40% motorway as a guestimate.

The 14L per 100 is my usual commuting mix with very little if any motorway driving

Kevhaze

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 6sp Manual
on the way to melb today we got 10.3/100km but ours is manual and i think it has done 2,500km that was from kyabram to melb not as good as our old vy ss that we had but but once it is more run in it will be better

milkojnr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Sedan
My SS-V is around 13 to 14L per in the city and down to 9.8 on the freeway today. From the Sunshine coast to Brisbane. It has 2246 km on the clock.

Time for the 3000 km service soon and the Sat Nav when ever that turns up!!!

SV6Sean

Reaction score
Website
www.virginblue.com.au
Members Ride
VE Ignition SV6 Manual HSVi Perf Pack
Thanks for your numbers guys, How many K's per tank would you get? 450-500-550 ?