Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

jneil

Reaction score
Members Ride
'10 Alto SSVeII Redline M6
I have a 3" catback system on my SS at the moment and everyone I talk to finds it strange that the unit now goes under the diff where as the stock one went over the diff... Whats the go with other brands in terms of going under or over??? My issue being is that it sits very low and I occasionally hit it but when I have people sitting in the back there is pretty much nothing I can do as it will hit the ground constantly

When you say over or under the diff, what exactly do you mean?? My stock system on my SSV II sits between the road and the diff and to my knowledge so do all the aftermarket ones? Look at the exhaust pic in my thread here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/157631-alto-ssv-redline-m6-sedan.html

MPRSSV

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ Exec (Police pack) & 05 CV8Z Monaro
When you say over or under the diff, what exactly do you mean?? My stock system on my SSV II sits between the road and the diff and to my knowledge so do all the aftermarket ones? Look at the exhaust pic in my thread here http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/157631-alto-ssv-redline-m6-sedan.html

Yeah yours looks like its under the diff but it looks higher up than mine does - I might try and get some pics of mine and post them up...

Your Redline looks awesome by the way ;)

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Hey does anyone Have a recording of a 3 inch difilippo system on a VE SS??? after one with the car moving along just to get an idea of what they sound like under load.
Cheers all

marcus1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve
kpm 3'' with 1 7/8th headers and 100 cell cats only slightly louder than the stock hsv system at idle and cruise . at wot its great

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
I still think the 1 7/8th headers are to big for stockish motor, fair enough if your gonna go forced induction thats a different story, Ive heard a full KPM 3" system with 1 3/4 headers and 100 cell cats and it sounded tuff and was fairly loud but in a really good sounding way

maka5

-=U=-
Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SS M6
I emailed VCM for a quote on a 3" catback and a tune.
$2900-

Has anyone got a VCM exhaust ? theres only one on youtube and it sound good...
anyone herd it in person?

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Hey Guys - I have a bit of a problem with my exhaust and Im just wanting some opinions...

I have a 3" catback system on my SS at the moment and everyone I talk to finds it strange that the unit now goes under the diff where as the stock one went over the diff... Whats the go with other brands in terms of going under or over??? My issue being is that it sits very low and I occasionally hit it but when I have people sitting in the back there is pretty much nothing I can do as it will hit the ground constantly... the only thing I can think of is to cut out the section under the diff and have a custom made pipe to go over the diff which would have to be smaller and if I lose heaps of volume I could look at doing more stuff before the cats....

The other thing being the left exhaust has a ratlle that only happens randomly and when under load - Initially I thought it was the plate under the car which holds the drive shaft in incase it snaps however it has been ruled out... Anyone else have this issue?

Any thoughts / suggestions

*Car has not been lowered / sits at stock height
* Xforce 3" Catback system

Hey mate,

I have the Xforce 3" Catback also, my ute is lowered and the exhaust sits roughly 10-11cm off the ground at the rear. I guess mine doesn’t scrape as I obviously don’t have people loading up the back. Plus I rarely put anything heavy in the tray.

Xforce3.jpg

I had the rattle in mine too, I think you’ll find that Xforce have built the exhaust with the Joints exiting from the mid muffler too close together. They hit and rattle. I had mine tack welded, easy fix. Apparently it happens with most of the 3” Xforce’s.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
I emailed VCM for a quote on a 3" catback and a tune.
$2900-

Has anyone got a VCM exhaust ? theres only one on youtube and it sound good...
anyone herd it in person?

VESSME has a 2.5. If you're in anything other than a wagon, grab the 2.5 (unless you're planning on cams and/or FI) - it's louder

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Has anyone had anything to do with the Red Back mufflers?

What are they like on an SS if you simply just swap the Rear Mufflers and leave the rest of the exhaust?