Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Catback Exhaust

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Not bagging the KPM system at all guys because they do sound good, but ive been watching a few of your exhaust videos and when the VESS's are been reved it sounds really good but when the revs drop off it has has a kind of hollow popping noise is this normal? Because i was on youtube and listned to a VE SSV with a full 3" hurricane exhaust and it sounded very good a really nice tight deep throaty note when reving and once the foot is taken of the excellorator and the revs drop off their is no poping/hollow noise just sounds as tight as a fishes ass the whole way through reving and taking foot of pedal and the revs dropping off, Just trying to decide on either the KPM or hurricane exhaust set ups, any one got a 3" hurricane exhaust??? or no anyone? what are your opinions. thanks all

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Not bagging the KPM system at all guys because they do sound good, but ive been watching a few of your exhaust videos and when the VESS's are been reved it sounds really good but when the revs drop off it has has a kind of hollow popping noise is this normal? Because i was on youtube and listned to a VE SSV with a full 3" hurricane exhaust and it sounded very good a really nice tight deep throaty note when reving and once the foot is taken of the excellorator and the revs drop off their is no poping/hollow noise just sounds as tight as a fishes ass the whole way through reving and taking foot of pedal and the revs dropping off, Just trying to decide on either the KPM or hurricane exhaust set ups, any one got a 3" hurricane exhaust??? or no anyone? what are your opinions. thanks all

I got a twin 3inch hurricane setup on my VE SSV ute mate. I LOVE IT!!!

Only difference is i have taken my rear mufflers off and chucked on straight pipe! Love the sound although its a bit loud and unrefined so will be chucking the rear mufflers back on.

VHCOMMO87

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/X
Hey mate do you have a video or a sound file of your set up???

Cheers tom

vakaviti

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Hey mate do you have a video or a sound file of your set up???

Cheers tom

Hey mate,

where abouts do you live? if you are in Brisbane i can meet up with you and show you the setup. I dont have a video yet but ill take one for you if you are not local ive been meaning to take a proper video.

let us know.

cheers

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
While talking about catbacks most of you got full systems, i got a question on header size for the kpm basically ill be going a 3"catback with a vcm otr then later on ill be getting the full kpm system and mafless. Would u recommend 1 3/8 or 1 7/8 header size?
I will be going to get a cam a bit later on down the track, not a huge one just a street cam. I have been told mixed results, how is the low down tourqe with the 1 7/8 headers? with a mafless and an otr but no cam.

I figure the 1 7/8 headers will have better gains but i dont want it too sluggish down low

Cheers lads

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I'm having 1 7/8" headers fitted this Friday. The car will also have back to back runs on the dyno.

It will be interesting to see how much of a difference there is between the 1 3/4'' and 1 7/'8" headers.

dylan13n

Reaction score
Members Ride
veII
Spewin to hear you guys all bad mouthin the xforce, i was thinkin of one for my sedan, difference is there like 700 dollars lol, your all talkin 2-3k systems, is it really that much better? (youtube sound files dont do it for me, its different when its your daily driver and the sound does your head in.) feedback from anyone whos fitted xforce to a 6 litre, liked it or hated it would be appreciated

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
There's nothing like hearing one in the flesh if you can. I've been in one with an xforce and it didn't do anything for me personally, too droney and the note wasn't as crisp as the KPM so it made my decision easy really.

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I have an OTR and tune already.

Only changing to 1 7/8" headers as the 1 3/4" headers were making the left cat touch the body under load which vibrates through the cabin.

Apparently the 1 7/8" headers hang a little lower cause of the larger pipes and you get more clearance.