Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Foglights on an Omega

VeOmega2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega 2008
Hi guys,
I'm looking to put foglights on my Omega and I know I'll need to change the front bar to an SS bar. I was just wondering, how difficult is it to put in foglights?
Do I need a whole new wiring looms/module etc or whatever it is?
As you can probably tell, I'm not keyed up on cars so I need a bit of help.

I've searched through the sticky of FAQ's and found nothing
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
you can either drop a SS bar on or a SV6 bar. not hard to change at all. takes about 10 mins. but u have to wire up the fogs. not sure if the omega has the fog loom or not. then u could pop to a wrecker and get a VE Calais Berlina SSV or VE SS or VE SV6 light switch as far as i know there all the same switch in these cars.. just so it looks normal in the car.. my fog lights on my VE SV6 plug into a socket under the bumper. not sure about yours.

have a look here at Sydney special Vehicles
http://ssv.com.au/ssv_cat.php?from=...ssv_go_x=10&ssv_go_y=11&ssv_filter=&type=100&

http://ssv.com.au/product.php?2315-COMPLETE

am actually thinking of this on mine. just to change it a little.
http://ssv.com.au/product.php?2569

this can give you a few options to what you want to do to your car.

Last edited:

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
you could do it a lot cheaper and easier just get Berlina fog light bezels .

the black inserts in the bottom of your bumper just pop strait out and the berlina ones go strait in then buy a fog light kit for it and wire it you or get your auto elec to do it.

left and right bezels plus a fog light kit it $245 from holmart or bezels are $26 each and they have led kits for $225 but ebay have same kits for 160 odd dollars

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
to wire them up, all you need to do is to connect up the foglights to the parkers, and then run a switch from the foglights to the insede of the cabin so that you are able to switch them on or off. thats what i did :) have to redoit thought with thiker guage wire

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
to wire them up, all you need to do is to connect up the foglights to the parkers, and then run a switch from the foglights to the insede of the cabin so that you are able to switch them on or off. thats what i did :) have to redoit thought with thiker guage wire

Or you could put a relay in there so they are powered from direct 12v

VeOmega2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Omega 2008
Thanks for that sv6.
I was already planning to do all that but I was just unsure as to whether the Omegas have a fogloom.
And slow vs, I was already planning to pop in an SS or SV6 bumper just for looks. I don't want ugly holes where foggies should be.
How would I go about checking if the Omega has a fogloom?

Oh and SV6, that bumper looks like a ####ing rip off. Plus its fibreglass which I've heard is ****.
Just buy some fine mesh and do it to your own SV6 bumper. I don't like it though, looks too ricey or like a skyline or mitsubishi.

slow vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv ute
??? what you mean

instead of feeding them power off the parkers do it properly get a relay wire it up to trigger when your parkers come on then the fog light will run strait off the battery instead of trying to suck power through tiny gauge parker wiring but im prity sure there ment to be wired into high beam so they only come on with high beam

SV6.07

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Nitrate & 2011 VE SV6 Poison Ivy
my fogs plug into a socket behind bumper just on right side. its hard to see it unless u remove the bumper. what are are you in. if your in south east could pop over with my car and show u where the socket is. otherwise will take a pic of bumper and circle exactly where the socket is behind bumper. so at least u know where to look.

give either holmart a call. 03 95321817
or Borgies 97439999 i got a good price on some parts from them.. they even arranged for one of there drivers who was coming over this side to meet and drop off the parts to me. saved me a 2 hour drive over to melton. and told me anytime i want more parts give them a call and will arrange a meet and drop off the parts to me.. both these ppl have genuine and non genuine. borgies is currently wreaking a few ve SV6 so give them a call.. i know some ppl have had trouble with them. but i have nothing but good service and he dropped off to me what i needed.

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
I'd be interested in seeing where the location of the sockets is :) take a picture pleeeese :)
my fogs plug into a socket behind bumper just on right side. its hard to see it unless u remove the bumper. what are are you in. if your in south east could pop over with my car and show u where the socket is. otherwise will take a pic of bumper and circle exactly where the socket is behind bumper. so at least u know where to look.

give either holmart a call. 03 95321817
or Borgies 97439999 i got a good price on some parts from them.. they even arranged for one of there drivers who was coming over this side to meet and drop off the parts to me. saved me a 2 hour drive over to melton. and told me anytime i want more parts give them a call and will arrange a meet and drop off the parts to me.. both these ppl have genuine and non genuine. borgies is currently wreaking a few ve SV6 so give them a call.. i know some ppl have had trouble with them. but i have nothing but good service and he dropped off to me what i needed.