Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Mufflers on SV6

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
I have afm mufflers on my sv6
No drone at all

had them for approx 6 months

Non afm will drone (I had it on my car and removed them due to drone)

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
I have a pair of rear SS mufflers here that anybody can have for free if you want to pick them up... Upper Hunter Valley NSW

glennho

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS -1977 HX Premier,2012 Hilux 4x4
i just chucked my ss manual mufflers as i couldnt get rid of them to anyone and now everyone wants them!

Jocko123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010 sports wagon
sv6 2010 sidi sportwagon quad exhaust

I just installed some power flow quad sports exhaust, the look and sound good!one thing though is when I first excelerate it's a quite load deep sound! But when I go a little faster it's not as deep and sounds good! I think it's a bit of drone only at low rev, Also I put in a k&n air filter and you can really feel the difference, can that sound be fixed are altered! Cheers

Jocko123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sv6 2010 sports wagon
Sorry my car is a 2010 Sidi sportwagon, wondering if it's worth taking to a muffler short for them to look at? Thanks

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
sorry for the thread dig, I got a 6 sp manual. Will normal ss mufflers have any done or is it only on the autos? can't find a set of AFM in Bris :(

Cheers

jr_

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II Sportwagon
sorry for the thread dig, I got a 6 sp manual. Will normal ss mufflers have any done or is it only on the autos? can't find a set of AFM in Bris :(

Cheers

They're drone BUT it's subjective to where you like the drone or not.
ALSO, on a ute you may not hear the drone as much as a sedan or wagon due to the cabin.
I read another thread a while (I think in My Rides section...) of a guy who put them on his SV6 ute and said he didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

sIIVY_tommy

Now Cruising Z Series!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 SV6Z M6 Ute
They're drone BUT it's subjective to where you like the drone or not.
ALSO, on a ute you may not hear the drone as much as a sedan or wagon due to the cabin.
I read another thread a while (I think in My Rides section...) of a guy who put them on his SV6 ute and said he didn't understand what all the fuss was about.

Thanks for clearing that up mate! i will give the normals a go, light drone im not really concerned about. but as you mentioned hopefully it sounds sweet to me!