Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SS Mufflers On SV6

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
Hey guys,

I want the twin tips on my SV6 and was thinking of just getting the SS rear mufflers. Will there be a change in sound? ( I dont want it to change) Its just for cosmetic purposes.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
The SS mufflers will have a slightly louder note on the V6, look for the AFM mufflers, they have a single outlet with a twin tip, quieter than the SS ones.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon

cp993

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF SV6 Series ll
Probably best to shoot them a question - then they are more inclined to get it right (or fix any problem if they have advised incorrectly). There is a chat window and a contact page. Yeah I took a look myself!
SS owners whats the setup on the exhaust pipes? is the longer pipe closest to the center of the rear of the car on both sides? or is it opposite?

13VF17 WAGON

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SV6 WAGON
The SS mufflers will have a slightly louder note on the V6, look for the AFM mufflers, they have a single outlet with a twin tip, quieter than the SS ones.
I did this...straight swap, looks good and no drone.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
SS owners whats the setup on the exhaust pipes? is the longer pipe closest to the center of the rear of the car on both sides? or is it opposite?
Mine has longest pipes at centre of car coz bum of car is curved with greatest length at centre. If that explains it.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Mine has longest pipes at centre of car coz bum of car is curved with greatest length at centre. If that explains it.
Yep, makes sense. Curved bums all round.
OP, I'd go for the AFM mufflers as NAABBAF said. Same look with no unwanted noise.

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
I did this...straight swap, looks good and no drone.
Yes on our 2015 SV6 I have SS AFM rear mufflers as they have a slightly deeper tone on them then the original SV6 ones. I even have at home now the NON AFM mufflers but like said they give you drones. Yes purchased the Both but I stuck with the twin outlet AFM mufflers. I have the Flange type.